• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Clicking 'Listen now' twice. Why?

Why, if I want to listen to anything on the BBC i-player do I have to click 'Listen now' on two different screens? Wouldn't once be enough?
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

bong ching

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

One would think so - it's probably 'progress' & 'improving the customer experience'.

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        Why, if I want to listen to anything on the BBC i-player do I have to click 'Listen now' on two different screens? Wouldn't once be enough?
        Since R3 is no longer available except via iPlayerRadio (BBC Radio 3) there is some logic in that madness. Quite infuriating!
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

I agree, maddening. I'm struggling to find anything on R3 now if I try to access it from the BBC main or news pages. What a dog's dinner!
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Flay View Post
            I agree, maddening. I'm struggling to find anything on R3 now if I try to access it from the BBC main or news pages. What a dog's dinner!
            As has previously been suggested by others, once you eventually get to the schedule page, bookmark it. Simples. It's ages since I visited the Radio 3 home page.

As to the need to click twice to actually start the iPlayer playing. That's just what I'd expect from those who call such modifications "reversioning".

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

In fact I just tried the link and it is saying that "Afternnon on 3" is on now, playing Tombeau de Couperin! (It's jazz just now!)

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

I wonder if you added up all the time you "waste" by having to click twice
                would you have enough for

a: Five pieces for orchestra ?
                b: Gotterdammerung ?
                or
                c: a swift 1/2 ?

Comment

• Flay
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  As has previously been suggested by others, once you eventually get to the schedule page, bookmark it. Simples. It's ages since I visited the Radio 3 home page.
                  That's not the point, Bryn. It's OK for those in the know, but for the new listener (who they are supposed to be trying to attract) it is a confusing mess.
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                    In fact I just tried the link and it is saying that "Afternnon on 3" is on now, playing Tombeau de Couperin! (It's jazz just now!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/programmes/schedules
                    It's moved on to In Tune now, but if you click on the "Listen" button you do get the current broadcast. Very slapdash web design, what!?

Comment

• Pianorak
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      . . . if you click on the "Listen" button you do get the current broadcast. . .
                      Didn't believe it - tried it - and it's true! Nearly fell off my perch!
                      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
                      X