Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

The last time I heard a UN official speak on the subject of world food supplies, he said that the world can comfortably feed 9bn people. I don't know if he meant with GM or without, but in any case I think what he said is correct without GM.

The balance of proof HAS to be on the side of those who are messing around with nature....but their money greed will win out.

Oh, as for AIC, he says that I am one of the sock puppets....well this sock puppet drove to Cornwall and back from wiltshire today, and did a load or work which is good going for a puppet.

Any idiot can do MB insults.
    Last edited by teamsaint; 17-10-12, 18:53.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Cheers Flossie - I think
      Well, you know what I mean

Comment

• Anna

Jane and the Sock Puppet always makes me laugh. Oh, well, offline now

Comment

• Boilk
          • Dec 2010

Monsanto declared worst company of 2011.

Monsanto's deep roots in Washington
          Last edited by Boilk; 17-10-12, 22:37. Reason: typos

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Any idiot can do MB insults.
            Absolutely true. There are some messageboorders who it is probably better to ignore.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Edit: Or else do a King Herod
              No-one would suggest that, but more steps do need to be taken to tackle the population issue. Tricks like GM food only delay facing up to the issue.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

The problem with the population issue is making a judgement about what the issue really is.....

The problem always seems to be the poor people......not the rich ones.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

The problem with the population issue is making a judgement about what the issue really is.....

Indeed. Brenda and Stavros should have set an example and stopped at Anne.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

The problem is also that the poor people don't matter to the rich people.

Comment

• PhilipT
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      The problem is also that the poor people don't matter to the rich people.
                      As exemplified by the current Government's commitment to a foreign aid budget of 0.7% of GDP?

That's what I like about this board - people who won't let the facts stand in the way of their prejudices. Terribly inconvenient things, facts.

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PhilipT View Post
                        That's what I like about this board - people who won't let the facts stand in the way of their prejudices.
                        Or quote one example and think they've conclusively proved their point?

An R3 manager recently expressed the view that R3 didn't sound to him like a station that was dumbing down when it could play Messiaen/Le merle noir on Breakfast.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PhilipT View Post
                          As exemplified by the current Government's commitment to a foreign aid budget of 0.7% of GDP?
                          I wonder how much of that aid is tied to being spent buying goods & services from the donor?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            Or quote one example and think they've conclusively proved their point?

An R3 manager recently expressed the view that R3 didn't sound to him like a station that was dumbing down when it could play Messiaen/Le merle noir on Breakfast.
                            In that circumstance I'd assume I'd accidentally tuned in to a different music station, I'm afraid

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                              I wonder how much of that aid is tied to being spent buying goods & services from the donor?
                              Well maybe our F&CO correspondent from Derbyshire could look into that for us?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                                • Nov 2010

Well, I've fouind one UN document (pub. 2011) that seems to suggest that it's a fairly large proportion - 20%; but the aid that is formally 'untied' is still mainly spent in the donor countries - possibly as much as 60%. I've only skimmed through the executive summary, so there may be more nuanced figures further in, & looks at a number of countries, not just the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X