• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon
    • Jun 2024

The Farce Goes On

or

"Would you buy a used car from this man?"

The French MEP who chairs the European Parliament's Budget Committee said the EU "lacked cash" and needs an extra 10bn euros to finance its projects up to the end of the year.

<doh>
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post
    "Would you buy a used car from this man?"
    Why????? Is he selling one????

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

well, if he is selling one, at least its a start on the deficit.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

I'd rather hoped that this thread would be about Grant Shapps... "We're all schapps together".

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          I'd rather hoped that this thread would be about Grant Shapps... "We're all schapps together".

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

He's got a name that sounds like it could be a very swanky sportscar....
            bong ching

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              He's got a name that sounds like it could be a very swanky sportscar....
              Whereas Grant sounds like things that don't work too well on your mobile?
              I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• handsomefortune

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                Whereas Grant sounds like things that don't work too well on your mobile?
                ..... a shapps app!!

about Grant Shapps.

hey snap, i thought this thread would definitely be about him serial apologist!

mainly as recent descriptions of 'the man with two names' usually include the phrase 'used car salesman' within the first couple of sentences!

amongst other things, today's 'times' journo also pointed out that mr shapps's trousers were apparently 'too long'.......... so are we to assume that grant (or michael) will inevitably trip himself up and crash to the floor? (possibly while maneuvering an abrupt u turn)

otherwise, he may well continue to speak and move around whilst pretending to be 'politically minded', rather than just a chatterbox and plain greedy! surely we've got enough of his sort in govt.....why ever might macaroon require (yet) another?

many will puzzle as to why, if he knows all about getting 'stinking rich', he suddenly might desperately want to be seen as a 'committed door knocking politico'.... (which he (allegedly) states, 'isn't as 'glossy' as it might seem')!! .............(what ever was wrong with his old image as a sycophant and cleptomaniac as previous)?

the things quoted that he's (allegedly) said are really quite ........incredible.

still, as sandy toxvig pointed out on saturday's 'news quiz', members of the coalition make political satire redundant ...and they always get in their first!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

Agreed, Lamassoure much better as sportscar name....Shapps great for a pap app to tap the sap from fat scat....agreed!....(New on market soon 'ShappZapper' hopefully)....
                  bong ching

Comment

• amateur51

Good old Simon! - finger always on the pulse

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

did the countries outside of europe to which we seem to export our wars(and arms sales) get a vote?
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Anna

I'm glad you posted that link Ams, thinking as I was about the EU's enforcing of Human Rights on those who have forfeited any human rights through their participation in rape, manslaughter, torture, etc... bit of a hollow laugh follows ...... Ahem.

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          did the countries outside of europe to which we seem to export our wars(and arms sales) get a vote?
                          'We' being? I'm not sure that the EU as an institution is engaged in exporting arms or fomenting wars, is it? Surely, what the award recognises is that the EU is an expanding area inside which there are no armed conflicts between nations that were formerly at war. No serious civil conflicts. It has absorbed and seen the elimination of former fascist dictatorships. The Balkan flashpoint is growing smaller.

It's just a pity that with our old enemies now becoming allies we have to go out in search of new enemies to fight
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            'We' being? I'm not sure that the EU as an institution is engaged in exporting arms or fomenting wars, is it? Surely, what the award recognises is that the EU is an expanding area inside which there are no armed conflicts between nations that were formerly at war. No serious civil conflicts. It has absorbed and seen the elimination of former fascist dictatorships. The Balkan flashpoint is growing smaller.

It's just a pity that with our old enemies now becoming allies we have to go out in search of new enemies to fight
                            If the last few years are anything to go by, french frank, it's not exactly an uphill struggle, sadly

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post

French fishermen off the Cherbourg peninsular found some yesterday...

Future wars will be over scarcity, uncontrollable migrations and ramped up fundamentalisms. With future UK growth, even, now put publicly in doubt for the next several years by one of the likeliest inheritors of the Bank of England governorship, and the surely undeniable failure of the Eurozone project witnessing the rebirth of nationalism among our nearest neighbours, I fear no one can rule out history repeating.

Comment

Working...
                              X