X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    You're not one to get a cheap thrill out of a bit of subversion then?
    TBH I gave up on loyalty cards when the "reward" for one particular loyalty over several years turned out to be either a) Five years supply of economy babies' nappies; b) ditto H**** baked beans; c) 1 week's cruise in the Caribbean "for two".

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      You're not one to get a cheap thrill out of a bit of subversion then?
      LOL! No I prefer BIG thrills. Like flying on Concorde courtesy of the Airmiles gained using the BA Amex card. Treat it like a cheque book...pay it all off at the end of each month....get the airmiles. Spend over a certain amount and double your airmiles. Admittedly a lot easier to accrue when I was employed by a company and was able to put all my business expenses on the card...you know the sort of thing, foie gras at Ascot, box at Covent Garden, few nights at Stringfellows

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Loyalty cards ARE a really great way to give away what little privacy we have left.
        all information can be used badly in the wrong hands.
        That said, we have had a couple of nice subsidised /free holidays on them.
        I only use the one loyalty card i already have, since i guess they already know what I am up to. But I like Amsy's scheme, and intend to use it elsewhere.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
        X