• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Leeds International Piano Competition on BBC4 last night

I am sure this is not the right place for this thread, but what is?

I was recording this one hour programme but the combination of Suzy Klein, Lang Lang talking to and hugging dear old Dame Fanny Waterman ....and more Suzy....made me discontinue the programme. Sir Mark Elder seemed to have a lot to say too. Did it get better - I'd had a long day but thought it might be interesting ?
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
    . . . Did it get better - I'd had a long day but thought it might be interesting ?
    Well, yes, it did - couldn't have got any worse. But we did get a COMPLETE performance of the Beethoven PC No. 4
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      Well, yes, it did - couldn't have got any worse. But we did get a COMPLETE performance of the Beethoven PC No. 4
      I found the pianist virtually unwatchable - ludicrous facial expressions for the benefit of the cameras, shooting coy glances at the conductor, one particularly annoying "aren't I clever" expression and hand gesture in I think the last movement. Surely this has been pointed out to him?

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        I found the pianist virtually unwatchable - ludicrous facial expressions for the benefit of the cameras . . .
        I agree, although I couldn't decide whether or not it was just for the benefit of the cameras. Maybe he thought anything Lang Lang can do I can do better?
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
        X