X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Can you identify this

Please could someone identify this for me??....I'm guessing that it is Kurt Weill....it is the music at the end of this utube 12.41mins in....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by eighthobstruction; 19-09-12, 20:33.
    bong ching
  • Northender

Sounds more like Satie - possibly played on an electric piano - to me.

Comment

• VodkaDilc

I sat all through that - and then did not recognise it. What an unpleasant man! Fortunately I have never heard of him - or of most of the people he was being nasty about.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

thankyou....you could have pushed the load bar onwards....I didn't actually watch it myself, it was my son who posed the question....
        bong ching

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          thankyou....you could have pushed the load bar onwards....
          Which is what I did - but couldn't identify the music. It did sound like plinky-plonky pseudo-Satie.

Comment

• Pianorak
            • Nov 2010

Sounds like pseudo-Scott Joplin about to fall asleep.
            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• VodkaDilc

This time I read some of the comments on the clip. On one it identifies the music as Encore Une Fille Qui Passe (Bonus Track) by Sarcloret. A Swiss composer, apparently. It didn't quite sound like Satie to me; too much of a Jolpinesque rhythm.
              (I hadn't seen Pianorak's mention of Joplin until I'd posted this. Nice to see us reaching the same conclusions independently!)

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Thanks, I'll pass it on....I think it was the odd choppiness that he liked....
                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                X