X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

This current thread is for continuing the discussion about the Hillsborough cover-up. The culled posts are here and that thread is open for further contributions on how foolish and/or irrelevant other people's posts were. It was hard to disentangle some of the useful contributions: please feel free to copy back to this thread anything which has been moved but which you think will add to the discussion.

This is the latest from the Home Secy: "Hillsborough: Theresa May backs prosecutions"
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

so in this new spirit of honesty are we also going to see the police who murdered Jean Charles De Menezes and the Soldiers who murdered innocent people on Bloody Sunday prosecuted as well ???

I'm not holding my breath

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        so in this new spirit of honesty are we also going to see the police who murdered Jean Charles De Menezes and the Soldiers who murdered innocent people on Bloody Sunday prosecuted as well ???

Then perhaps you should, even if you have to do so for a quarter or half or even greater part of a century (though let's hope not)...

At least one or two body parts of the cat are now coming out of the bag and that, whilst hardly pleasing (given the sheer gravity of the subject), that is at least as welcome as it is way too long after the event.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

And the politicians who took us into the economic wars of the last 30 years.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            Can you justify that comment, ts? I would suggest that you can't condemn a whole force just because some of its members were dishonest. I was in Sheffield that afternoon; I have friends who were at the match, and I have friends who were/are in SYP and who do a superb job of general policing. So I've heard versions of what happenend from genuine witnesses.

But that apart, I'd be glad to hear of your views on the general behaviour of football fans at that period. I didn't go to matches, as I was usually too busy with other things.
            What does this mean?

Comment

Working...
            X