Christian rights cases go before Strasbourg court - a case of double standards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabmusic
    • May 2011

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
    ...Please help me here, Flossie ... do you think that marriage is between two people or agree with Pab that it could be between, say, 1,647,074 men and women and a herd of African elephants, if Toff Dave or Red Ed thus decreed?
    If Parliament defined it thus, Scotty, not Dave, Ed or any individual. And no decrees.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

And if the elephants wished to campaign for such a definition, I'd give them my full support.

Comment

• Pabmusic
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        And if the elephants wished to campaign for such a definition, I'd give them my full support.
        But why on earth would an elephant want to marry a human? Not very choosy, perhaps? (Ah - the rustle of straw men )

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

Tax reasons? Pension rights? So that their children would have the same name?

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

Tax reasons? Pension rights? So that their children would have the same name?
            What - Jumbo?

(A white horse walks into a bar and asks for a drink. "What's your fancy?" asks the barman. "Scotch" says the white horse. "Well" says the barman, "We've got Famous Grouse. We've got Glenfiddich. We've got...we've got one named after you!" The white horse looks puzzled. "What", he replies, "Eric?")
            Last edited by Pabmusic; 23-01-13, 03:51.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

said the man who believes in the sky fairies
              In contrast to Host Caliban's interesting theory expressed in another place, the colder weather might appear to be doing your lighter-hearted spirits a veritable power of good, Mr GG ...

Though I have to admit to being a bit of an agnostic regarding the sky fairies, I feel certain that some do exist, and they have every right to do so. They have my full support in this regard. Long live the sky fairies!

If the worst comes to the worst and your new-found mate, Toff Dave, gets his way over his cool new idea of marriage then I do hope that those who are employed by Mr Murdoch Jnr & Co are granted exactly the same privileges as those anywhere else..

It would be truly appalling discrimination if this were not to happen, and I would therefore remain, in all conscience, implacably opposed to the whole idea.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                I can't figure it out either scotty, tbf; I've long regarded marriage as bourgeois institution for socially engineering compliant reproducers and consumers. .....
                Classic !

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                  Classic !

Changed your caption I see, RM.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Changed your caption I see, RM.
                    Yeah well shoulder pads have been out since the 80's....
                    bong ching

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      Yeah well shoulder pads have been out since the 80's....
                      Most fashions come round again. I can wait .....

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

This has only the most tenuous connection with the thread, but apparently a scientist has claimed that he can re-create Neanderthal DNA, & is looking for a woman who will lend him her womb so that he can create a Neanderthal child. Perhaps we should introduce him to Scotty

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

This has only the most tenuous connection with the thread, but apparently a scientist has claimed that he can re-create Neanderthal DNA, & is looking for a woman who will lend him her womb so that he can create a Neanderthal child. Perhaps we should introduce him to Scotty
                          Impossible - God put the fossil of Neanderthal Man there in the rocks - the world was only created 6,000 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X