Christian rights cases go before Strasbourg court - a case of double standards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I wasn't going to post again but I can assure you it wasn't intended as abuse but as an accurate description of your approach to this issue .

As once was said "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.

That sums up your postings - no matter how often and how clearly the legal and employment position has been explained to you by numerous forum members .
    I am well aware of the legal and employment position. 'Numerous' forum members can rest assured on that point.

The legal and employment position is currently that gays cannot marry (each other). You and some disapprove and want to change the law, even though others merely wish to retain the status quo.

The legal and employment position is also that heterosexuals don't have the benefit of Civil Partnerships. These are exclusive to gays, and yet not a word about 'bigotry' and 'discrimination' from you and others here. There are no plans to change the law in this regard.

Does that, therefore, not automatically make you 'a bigot' and guilty of outrageous 'discrimination' just like myself ... ?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      I am well aware of the legal and employment position. 'Numerous' forum members can rest assured on that point.

The legal and employment position is currently that gays cannot marry (each other). You and some disapprove and want to change the law, even though others merely wish to retain the status quo.

The legal and employment position is also that heterosexuals don't have the benefit of Civil Partnerships. These are exclusive to gays, and yet not a word about 'bigotry' and 'discrimination' from you and others here. There are no plans to change the law in this regard.

Does that, therefore, not automatically make you 'a bigot' and guilty of outrageous 'discrimination' just like myself ... ?
      Have a care, Barbs - he's just played the last word game - do not get drawn into the whirlpool

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Don't worry Ams - I have made my point and with every post he makes it much better than I could ever do

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Have a care, Barbs - he's just played the last word game - do not get drawn into the whirlpool
          What I suspect you mean by your now time-honoured and wholly meaningless last word claim is that you're really rather stuck for any sort of meaningful response, whether you manage to get your posts in first or last or anywhere in between, amsey ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Don't worry Ams - I have made my point and with every post he makes it much better than I could ever do
            I'm still not quite sure what your point is as you've never actually responded to my own (points).

However, Ams 'n' Barbs are at one and that's all that matters!

Comment

• Flosshilde
              • Nov 2010

I'm still not quite sure what your point is as you've never actually responded to my own (points).
              Do you have any point(s)?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

, even though others merely wish to retain the status quo.
                No doubt you'd like to return to the status quo as it existed pre-1967

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                  Do you have any point(s)?
                  Yes, a visit to a leading optician might well be of some assistance to you here ... http://www.specsavers.co.uk/ ... but I agree that the points are rendered pretty useless anyway if these either are not grasped or are deliberately ignored by others with their own pet little agendas.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    No doubt you'd like to return to the status quo as it existed pre-1967
                    Wrong again, Flossie ... go to the bottom of the class!

1967 was the best year of my life.

Comment

• amateur51

Nuff said

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        Nuff said

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

You attended the Dialectics of Liberation Congress at the Roundhouse too, then?

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                            • Nov 2010

That must have been because Harold Wilson allowed Leo Abse to introduce the bill de-criminalising homosexuality. You surprise me sometimes, Scotty !

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                              That must have been because Harold Wilson allowed Leo Abse to introduce the bill de-criminalising homosexuality. You surprise me sometimes, Scotty !

Comment

• Flosshilde
                                • Nov 2010

their own pet little agendas.
                                As opposed to the Pope's pet agenda

Comment

Working...
                                X