Christian rights cases go before Strasbourg court - a case of double standards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabmusic
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    Yes but logic may also be based on needing to remain famous for being famous. I live next door to one of her many ex's, not that she was ever married to him. Good luck to her, I guess, but the main point here is the extent to which marriage accommodates the things those with faith often frown on. Page 3 model behaviour (natch!), psychics, a new partner every year, three children by three different fathers, ostentatious wealth, a two finger salute etc. How can anyone discuss it seriously in conceptual terms?
    I agree entirely.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

three children by three different fathers [...] How can anyone discuss it seriously in conceptual terms?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        a sun-kissed Bahamas beach.

Or a Sun-kissed beach?

adding - "one feels much like another"?

Sorry - that just popped out.

To be fair, she didn't have a pink Cinderella style carriage this time but then she has only been going out with this one for a month. Shame she had to break off a prior engagement to marry him. Revealing a good understanding of strategic planning, she has also provided some useful context on the history of the well-respected institution. If this isn't extremely serious stuff, is anything now?

'I did my own Pricey Marriage Survey and discovered I was in good company. Joan Collins has been married five times, Liz Taylor did eight and Zsa Zsa Gabor nine.'
        Last edited by Guest; 18-01-13, 15:26.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

[QUOTE=Lateralthinking1;250083][QUOTE=Serial_Apologist;250073]
          a sun-kissed Bahamas beach.

To be fair, she didn't have a pink Cindarella style carriage this time but then she has only been going out with this one for a month. Revealing a good understanding of strategic planning, she has also provided some useful context:

'I did my own Pricey Marriage Survey and discovered I was in good company. Joan Collins has been married five times, Liz Taylor did eight and Zsa Zsa Gabor nine.'
          Keeping abreast of this story, the Zsa Zsa Gabor comparison will probably, er, hold up the longest. It was Arthur Askey, from what I remember, who said, when asked how it had been, dancing with ZZG, "I could neither see where I was going, nor hear the music!"

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Keeping abreast of this story, the Zsa Zsa Gabor comparison will probably, er, hold up the longest. It was Arthur Askey, from what I remember, who said, when asked how it had been, dancing with ZZG, "I could neither see where I was going, nor hear the music!"

It's not on You Tube unfortunately - it would have been a great clip for a snowy day in Croydon.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
              I'd be very interested to know what would happen if the gay couple wanted to book into a B&B run by a Fundamental Islamic couple.
              If refused admittance or subjected to any other detriment on the grounds of their sexual orientation it would be unlawful discrimination .No matter the source of the decision to discriminate of the discriminator .

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

I'd be very interested to know what would happen if the gay couple wanted to book into a B&B run by a Fundamental Islamic couple.
                I think this gets to the heart of some of this
                there is a perception about that somehow some groups of people are treated as if they were immune from the laws that apply to us all
                historically this has been the case with the church (and still is in some instances)
                now the boot appears to be on the other foot they are getting all up in arms about it
                this has more to do with perception than reality

Comment

• amateur51

I have no idea but you clearly do so perhaps you might enlighten us?

PS You seem to be slipping back into your old ways with implied personal insults.
                  Then I'm only copying you, again RM

Comment

• Anna

It's not on You Tube unfortunately - it would have been a great clip for a snowy day in Croydon.
                    I'm sorry, that post really made me laugh - is Croydon such a desperate place to live in that a video of Katie Price and her new squeeze (I give it 2 months) would bring joy to the denizens of Croydon as they contemplate their snowbound Hell?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      I'm sorry, that post really made me laugh - is Croydon such a desperate place to live in that a video of Katie Price and her new squeeze (I give it 2 months) would bring joy to the denizens of Croydon as they contemplate their snowbound Hell?
                      As long as two months?

Much as the news of her marriage took me to The Sun for the first time since the last time, I had in mind the clip of Arthur Askey and Zsa Zsa Gabor.

As for the snow, it can be like Siberia here. I didn't see a health worker for the first five months of my life (1962-63) and as recently as two years ago achieved 10 inches. It lasted for three weeks too.

Last edited by Guest; 18-01-13, 17:50.

Comment

• Beef Oven

As long as two months?

Much as the news of her marriage took me to The Sun for the first time since the last time, I had in mind the clip of Arthur Askey and Zsa Zsa Gabor.

As for the snow, it can be like Siberia here. I didn't see a health worker for the first five months of my life (1962-63) and as recently as two years ago achieved 10 inches. It lasted for three weeks too.

I haven't been near Croydon in just under a year - looks beautiful

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                          I haven't been near Croydon in just under a year - looks beautiful
                          Honestly, it's very local, as are these -

blue, winter, sky, white, snow, ice, walking, woods, frost, cattle, sheep, path, walk, clear, fields, jacobs, common, whyteleafe, kenley, riddlesdown

(Resurrection Man knows these hills - I'm two thirds of the way to the top of one - and would confirm)
                          Last edited by Guest; 18-01-13, 19:52.

Comment

• Beef Oven

blue, winter, sky, white, snow, ice, walking, woods, frost, cattle, sheep, path, walk, clear, fields, jacobs, common, whyteleafe, kenley, riddlesdown

(Resurrection Man knows these hills - I'm two thirds of the way to the top of one - and would confirm)
                            Nice pics, a great part of town!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                              Nice pics, a great part of town!
                              Yes, thank you. Don't think in terms of those houses though. I live in something more like a hut.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

I do indeed! Nice photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X