Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Now would you like to hear my Symphony ?
    Thank you, but unfortunately I shall be away on the date of its performance, so I regret that your kind offer is one that I shall have to forego.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Digressing slightly from homeopathy to iridology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridology

My wife, at my suggestion, went to see an iridologist many years ago as she was suffering from fatigue. She'd looked into a few other 'alternatives' and was extremely sceptical as they'd all said the same thing 'Don't work so hard, drink less, cut out the coffee' etc etc. She went into the iridologist with a slightly jaundiced viewpoint and, true to form, the iridologist came out with all of the above. 'That was a waste of time' thought my wife.

However, just as she was leaving, the iridologist said 'I am assuming that you do know that you suffer from a severe gluten allergy, don't you?". "Gluten', replied my wife, 'We don't buy any'! The iridologist explained where gluten actually came from and that was how my wife discovered that she was coeliac.

So, how did the iridologist work that out just by looking into my wife's eyes?

Comment

• heliocentric

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
        So, how did the iridologist work that out just by looking into my wife's eyes?
        That's exactly what I mean about "alternative" therapists often being very skilled at diagnosis - my guess is that the diagnosis was made on wider observations than just looking at the irises. I'm sure there would have been plenty of questions asked apart from the looking-into-the-eyes part.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by heliocentric View Post
          That's exactly what I mean about "alternative" therapists often being very skilled at diagnosis - my guess is that the diagnosis was made on wider observations than just looking at the irises. I'm sure there would have been plenty of questions asked apart from the looking-into-the-eyes part.
          Quite possibly although I'm not aware of any known external symptoms of coeliac disease.

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

Quite possibly although I'm not aware of any known external symptoms of coeliac disease.
            Presumably there was enough said during the consultation for the iridologist to make an intelligent guess. Or it was magic.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
              Presumably there was enough said during the consultation for the iridologist to make an intelligent guess. Or it was magic.
              It must be magic

Iridology (sometimes referred to as iris diagnosis) is based on the bizarre belief that each area of the body is represented by a corresponding area in the ...

eeer and the most common symptom that people with coeliac disease have is fatigue

Comment

• heliocentric

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                Presumably there was enough said during the consultation for the iridologist to make an intelligent guess.
                Exactly.

As MrGG's link explains, when iridologists are shown just pictures of people's eyes and asked to make a diagnosis, their results are random. Simple test, pretty conclusive results.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

LOL....ah well, at least there was a very positive outcome in my wife's case.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                    • May 2011

LOL....ah well, at least there was a very positive outcome in my wife's case.
                    Which is all that really matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X