X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Has the world gone mad?

I'm away for a few days & when I return I find the forum full of threads about wood (with posts that suggest the authors - principally tapiola & teamsaint - were 'on something'), & that Simon has returned (I look forward to being ignored by him).

Still ,at least some things remain constant - Mozart still would have preferred his music performed by a 21st century symphony orchestra, if only he hadn't been foolish enough to have been born in the 18th century.
  • mangerton
    • Nov 2010

This just illustrates the dangers of going away, flossie, even if for only a few days.

Comment

• scottycelt

Oh, Flossie, how we've missed your ever-wise counsel and instead have had to suffer all these wooden offerings from others!

I'm delighted to see the return of more individualistic members such as Simon, though generally remain unmoved by the sound of Mozart on any type of orchestra, and, as for the world, I am of the firm opinion that it was just as mad before you happened to go 'away for a few days' as it undoubtedly is now...

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        I'm away for a few days & when I return I find the forum full of threads about wood (with posts that suggest the authors - principally tapiola & teamsaint - were 'on something'), & that Simon has returned (I look forward to being ignored by him).

Still ,at least some things remain constant - Mozart still would have preferred his music performed by a 21st century symphony orchestra, if only he hadn't been foolish enough to have been born in the 18th century.

principally me? " On something"? Do I detect little green eye at being"away" during a short golden era for the forum?

And what of this going "away", even for a few days? Hmmmmm

As for the return of the Simon, there are one or two others still missing....odd....

(edit/ps, If you look closely, you will see that I am but but a bit part player in the FOR3 "wood" extravaganza...I don't want to take any of the glory ! And if anything it's made the world a fraction more sane...not not by much, and there is a long way to go...george osborne is still in a good job, for starters, and aspartame is still poisoning us for another.)
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Don Petter

I'm away for a few days & when I return I find the forum full of threads about wood (with posts that suggest the authors - principally tapiola & teamsaint - were 'on something').
          I think the only one missing is an Edwood Woodwood thread? Wood you like to start one, and feel part of things?

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
            I think the only one missing is an Edwood Woodwood thread? Wood you like to start one, and feel part of things?
            Perhaps we've reached the Dead wood stage!

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

I think the only one missing is an Edwood Woodwood thread?
              ah, fart in a bath -

"Woodward was the butt of gentle teasing about his name throughout his career, which he bore with good humour, perhaps because among the first to joke was Laurence Olivier, who in the 1960s once remarked to Noel Coward that his name sounded "like a fart in the bath, Edwub Wub Wub". Judi Dench, Woodward once noted, was among the first to call him "Ewar Woowar", his name with the Ds removed." [obit in The Guardian ]

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

Wooden dream of it.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  And what of this going "away", even for a few days? Hmmmmm.

I should make it clear that I went voluntarily.

My room was only lightly padded.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

And I heard the man pronounce his name as Eh-derd Uh-derd, removing the w's, West Country style, where 'would you, would he' becomes' 'oud ee'.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Tapiola
                      • Jan 2011

'on something'
                      Just high on life, Flossie!

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

Sorry if I sounded a bit defensive in my posts above. I do tend to rail against things, sometimes.

Comment

• Tapiola
                          • Jan 2011

Sorry if I sounded a bit defensive in my posts above. I do tend to rail against things, sometimes.
                          No offence taken here, my friend. I thought your initial post was very amusing.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                            No offence taken here, my friend. I thought your initial post was very amusing.
                            I wood agree.

Its all Oa K
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                              • Nov 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X