X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
    i notice the top layers of the arts council no longer employ people from a formal arts background,
    Can you give me an example
    i'm a little puzzled by this
    as I know several who do

Comment

• handsomefortune

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      Can you give me an example
      i'm a little puzzled by this as I know several who do
      sorry, i was rushing earlier mr gong gong.

i'm not referring to any or all arts professionals employed within departments at the arts council. but the specific appointment of 'cuts professionals'. which incidentally begs the question: how and where precisely did they learn their particular expertise in 'cuts skills'? since the cuts are a relatively new u turn within the voluntary, or 'third' sector.

a separate department presumably deals with evaluating orgs for the chop? those at the top of the ace tree must think a formal arts background a 'conflict of interest'. for instance, useful in promoting, rather than cutting the unique value of the creative industries economically and socially etc!

the disbanding of 'social capital' such as 'sio' possessed having nurtured it over two decades, i assume would make those with a conscience lose sleep. i read an interesting phrase recently which possibly describes the professional mentality of no real conscience, their professional 'priority' is that they're....(driven by)..... 'reputation management, and personal survival', (though it was in connection' with nhs management).... imv it's a perspective and approach evident across a whole section of third sector hierarchy unfortunately.

imv the situation needs as much oxygen as possible and, who knows, perhaps a miracle will happen as a result of wider discussion in the media and generally?

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Th new DG of the national Trust has a background in the home office.
        She is a member of the National Trust, but her first job will be to get out and about to find out about their wonderful properties. So, a die hard , obviously.

C'est La vie, in the modern world.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
          .. 'reputation management, and personal survival',
          A good way of describing what happened recently in the reorganisation of music education IMV
          I was very disappointed by the seeming lack of critical thought in many who should have known better as they scrambled about trying to secure their own careers without much though for the overall implications.

Comment

Working...
          X