X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Olympic info

No comment about how well organised the ticket sales and web sites are for the Olympics.

If I go to Hyde Park tomorow, will I be able to watch the men's swimming marathon, or wiil all the vantage points be screened off or manned so that I can't see anything without paying for tickets which I would expect to be impossible to buy? It looks as though there are people in there today for the women's race.

I'm guessing the swimming marathon is the last of the possibly free events.
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Is it being held in the Serpentine? I hope they've got stomach pumps handy.

Comment

• David Underdown

I believe some areas are free, there was a map on the website for the triathlon

Comment

• VodkaDilc

I had expected to have a nice peaceful walk from Marble Arch to the RAH on Monday, en route to the Bernstein. A saunter across Hyde Park would be just right for a warm London day. Not being sporty, I had a shock to find Olympics there too - I thought it was all shut away in east London.

Lots of activity and noise around the Marble Arch end of the park and a lot of areas shut off around the Serpentine - but no problem in walking there. Plenty of distractions though from people in tasteless clothes - and an enormous number of policemen (not being sexist, just factual) - many wearing HELMETS! (not seen in this area for many years.)

Comment

• mercia
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          I'm guessing the swimming marathon is the last of the possibly free events.
          + men's marathon sunday morning

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            Is it being held in the Serpentine? I hope they've got stomach pumps handy.
            Will have to wait a day or so to see if any of the women who swam in it today get any problems.

Re Sunday marathon - that might be easier to get to. I would have cheered on the cycle races, but had to be away that weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X