X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northender
    • Sep 2024

Happiness Ratings

I don't know how happy the rest of you are. The average for the ethnic group/stage of life or whatever which includes the lady wife and myself appears to be 7.5. All I can say is that, when we took part in the survey, they had to provide us with a special meter that went up to 11.
  • Anna

Originally posted by Northender View Post
    I don't know how happy the rest of you are. The average for the ethnic group/stage of life or whatever which includes the lady wife and myself appears to be 7.5. All I can say is that, when we took part in the survey, they had to provide us with a special meter that went up to 11.
    Did you mean to provide a link so we can all test how happy/miserable we are and compare our depths of depression/joy?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Did you mean to provide a link so we can all test how happy/miserable we are and compare our depths of depression/joy?
      You need some of ferret's Cheery Cake (see bread board )
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        You need some of ferret's Cheery Cake (see bread board )

Ever so slightly on a similar topic, I would strongly advise a powerful medicinal tonic in the form of a very large Islay Bruichladdich Malt ...

Haven't the 'happy-index' government idiots yet realised that it's not just digging up a peat bog through heavy mist and driving rain that makes these Hebridean islanders appear so irritatingly happy?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
          Ever so slightly on a similar topic, I would strongly advise a powerful medicinal tonic in the form of a very large Islay Bruichladdich Malt ...
          A few tears back, at Christmas, Mine Host produced about 25 bottles of various 15, 20 and 25 year old blends. Some of them, to be honest, tasted so much of iodine that you could imagine yourself in intensive care having a wound dressed with seaweed. I admire the Scottish malt industry but how you acquire a taste for it must surely involve years of training.

Comment

• scottycelt

A few tears back, at Christmas, Mine Host produced about 25 bottles of various 15, 20 and 25 year old blends. Some of them, to be honest, tasted so much of iodine that you could imagine yourself in intensive care having a wound dressed with seaweed. I admire the Scottish malt industry but how you acquire a taste for it must surely involve years of training.
            Yes, you're right, Anna ... the 'intensive' training never really ends ... it's a real challenge, but one day I hope to fully quaffify

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              Yes, you're right, Anna ... the 'intensive' training never really ends ... it's a real challenge, but one day I hope to fully quaffify
              Good for you scotty. I think I may dip out on this learning curve.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

I admire the Scottish malt industry but how you acquire a taste for it must surely involve years of training.
                Love at first tipple in my case!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Love at first tipple in my case!
                  But, it tastes, vile, Like, dead seaweed? And, they like to to, I dunno, think this loadsa load something is worth paying £75 a bottle for? For something that tastes of, peat and water? Does it really, like, have, supernatural powers, this malt whiskey>

Comment

• scottycelt

But, it tastes, vile, Like, dead seaweed? And, they like to to, I dunno, think this loadsa load something is worth paying £75 a bottle for? For something that tastes of, peat and water? Does it really, like, have, supernatural powers, this malt whiskey>
                    Whiskey is Irish, Anna, and they have some great stuff too ... and, when it comes to supernatural powers, whisky or whiskey is probably the nearest secular liquid to Holy Water?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

But, it tastes, vile, Like, dead seaweed?
                      I like Bara Lawr, too!
                      And, they like to to, I dunno, think this loadsa load something is worth paying £75 a bottle for? For something that tastes of, peat and water? Does it really, like, have, supernatural powers, this malt whiskey>
                      A single sip, and time and the world backs off just a little.

And there's at least one very good Welsh whisky, too: Penderyn - a bit like a ten-year-old Macallen, with lovely almond flavours and an evening-long warm glow.

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Quite a coincidence as I sit here with a small tot of Highland Park at me elbow. Not one I usually choose but it was £6 off at the Coopie.

I learned the trade in the 18th Hole in Torry . Can't find any mention of it - has it closed down?

Oops! I think it might have been the 19th Hole Still can't find it though.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                          Quite a coincidence as I sit here with a small tot of Highland Park at me elbow. Not one I usually choose but it was £6 off at the Coopie.

I learned the trade in the 18th Hole in Torry . Can't find any mention of it - has it closed down?

Oops! I think it might have been the 19th Hole Still can't find it though.
                          Is this an acknowledged treatment for the eponymous bursistis resulting from tennis, french frank?

Comment

• aeolium
                            • Nov 2010

And there's at least one very good Welsh whisky, too: Penderyn - a bit like a ten-year-old Macallen, with lovely almond flavours and an evening-long warm glow.
                            I quite like Danzy Jones Wysgi Licor, fhg, based on a late C19 recipe of a Welsh journeyman stonemason and sold by The Celtic Spirit Company.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                              I quite like Danzy Jones Wysgi Licor, fhg, based on a late C19 recipe of a Welsh journeyman stonemason and sold by The Celtic Spirit Company.
                              Cheers, aeoly!

Have you sampled the "Twelve-year-old Celtic Whisky" at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X