Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    I notice David Cameron is begging people to volunteer (i.e. do for nothing something that someone should be paid to do). Personally, if I were out of work, I would happily volunteer for just 1% of a banker's bonus.
    I remember in my retail days big companies bringing in dozens of 'work experience' kids to help out at busy times like Christmas and Sale periods.

The regular staff felt so sorry for them they often had a whip-round for them before they were thrown out again as things got quieter.

The only 'experience' those poor kids ever had was a valuable lesson in personal exploitation ..

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Francis Maude was questioned on BBC1 Breakfast this morning about teachers's pensions and the fact that there had already been a settlement (including increased contributions) in 2006 as a result of a Hutton Report - a settlement that was self-funding. Mr Maude seemed unaware of that report and said the Hutton Report was in 2010. If F.M. doesn't know about an important "detail" like that, it beggars belief that he is allowed to meddle in such a serious issue.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

or petrol strikes eh ......

reminded of this thread by what i think is going on in Spain and quite possibly France in next weeks election ...protest!
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
        X