• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornet IV
    • Jun 2024

BBC Farnborough

I am ropable!

BBC's infantile One Show is something I normally avoid but I happened to see to-night's edition as I was interested in the Farnborough coverage. Interviewed by this empty-headed child was the only woman to have been involved in the drawing office of Vickers Supermarine and engaged in the Spitfire design. She had brought her original drawing instruments for producing the tracings on linen, then the way of doing things, and in response to the invitation, was about to explain what contemporary life was like when she summarily was chopped off at the sox tops in an outrageously ill-mannered fashion. The interviewer then turned her back to engage another person in some frivolous conversation, leaving this poor woman, who must have been in her eighties, to fend for herself.

I am not customarily given to this Facebook type of rant but this episode which seems to typify the modern BBC's thoughtless, ignorant and arrogant approach to broadcasting, has left me speechless - almost. If Reith had still been about, the girl and producer would be sacked. And quite right too. What a disgrace!

Gaspard de la Nuit.
    Last edited by Guest; 13-07-12, 21:42. Reason: spling msitake
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Quite agree Cornet IV! So rude of them, really!!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
    X