X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Olympinonsense

We have just been treated to the first airing of the full BBC Olympic trailer/advert on BBC1 - not sure I can sit through this again and again for weeks to come!
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
    We have just been treated to the first airing of the full BBC Olympic trailer/advert on BBC1 - not sure I can sit through this again and again for weeks to come!
    as a warm up, try 50 hours of live outside broadcasts on local radio of the torch relay.
    I didn't make this up, radio solent are boasting about it..............

if you need to get away and like folk and similar music, try wickham festival, august 2 to 5.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Yes, it reminds you of -

"YOUR BUSINESS IS REJOICING, YOUR BUSINESS IS REJOICING"

But unlike DSCH, one does not feel even a forced inclination to repeat the mantra afterwards...

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

When the torch spent the night at the sports centre next door to my sons school
        he was (humorously ) warned not to go on about it's origins and not to mention Goebbels
        he does have an insatiable appetite for history which will stand him in great stead later in life i'm sure

I was in London last week and the hideous pink stickers badly put up all over StJohns Wood station are a taste of what's to come
        I think there are some good deals on Brittany Ferries

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          When the torch spent the nigho comet at the sports centre next door to my sons school
          he was (humorously ) warned not to go on about it's origins and not to mention Goebbels
          Yes, that has been rather glossed over, not to say just ignored.

I think there are some good deals on Brittany Ferries
          Will that be far enough? Nothing going to the moon? Mars?

Comment

• Resurrection Man

I really feel sorry for tradesmen etc in London trying to go about their business with all the traffic restrictions etc.

I have met only one person who is remotely interested in the Limp-pics. Out of a poll of around 50 so far.

Comment

• Northender

May I point you towards the return of the Olympic Deliverance Committee in 'Twenty Twelve' at 10.00 p.m.on BBC2 next Tuesday. Sadly, Olivia Colman has not returned, but it should still be a wonderful antidote to Olympihysteria.
              A taster for you from the team's PR guru:
              [I]'If you get bandwidth on this, you've got maple syrup on your waffle at the get-go'[/I]
              And I'm really looking forward to meting the 'catastrophisation unit'.
              There may be trouble ahead.....

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                May I point you towards the return of the Olympic Deliverance Committee in 'Twenty Twelve' at 10.00 p.m.on BBC2 next Tuesday. Sadly, Olivia Colman has not returned, but it should still be a wonderful antidote to Olympihysteria.
                A taster for you from the team's PR guru:
                [I]'If you get bandwidth on this, you've got maple syrup on your waffle at the get-go'[/I]
                And I'm really looking forward to meting the 'catastrophisation unit'.
                There may be trouble ahead.....
                Thanks for the reminder...an excellent series.

Comment

• Northender

'It's all good!' (I wonder if he's got any better at folding up his bike)

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                    • Nov 2010

I initially wondered what a Lloyds Bank advert was doing on the BBC. Those things lost their charm a long time ago, and I'm not sure the Limpics trailer has any to start with.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Haven't seen that but I thought the writing was on the wall (literally) years ago when they 'unveiled' that ridiculous logo, now to be seen all over in pastel pink and turquoise. It looked stupid from day 1 but we were told it anticipated future design trends bla bla bla.

It still looks stupid and indecipherable.

Without exception, no foreign visitor I've talked to has realised that it is meant to represent '2012', and has laughed when informed of the fact.

Hideous.
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                        I initially wondered what a Lloyds Bank advert was doing on the BBC. Those things lost their charm a long time ago, and I'm not sure the Limpics trailer has any to start with.
                        Half of the ads currently on TV that catch me out manage to have some banal and probably irrelevant reference to the limp pics attached. It's getting ridiculous.

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

I've seen that I cant put my bike on the train in London during the olympics

makes me so cross.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 3rd Viennese School View Post
                            I've seen that I cant put my bike on the train in London during the olympics

makes me so cross.
                            Oh thanks for the advance warning, 3VS

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              that ridiculous logo

... everyone I have spoken to on the subject has 'seen' the logo as a kneeling Liza Simpson performing a sexual act (probably illegal in a dozen States) on an unknown seated person.

Perhaps it's just the sort of people with whom I associate...

Comment

Working...
                              X