• Nov 2010

Cant remember where I saw this:

Besuited Financial Advisor: "Dont put all your eggs in one basket!"

Sad-Looking Customer: "But I've only got one egg ..."

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      My "other" billions are in other... baskets, ahinton.
      Ah - well, you didn't say that before!

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
        Cant remember where I saw this:

Besuited Financial Advisor: "Dont put all your eggs in one basket!"

Sad-Looking Customer: "But I've only got one egg ..."
        Yes, that's an old one that nevertheless wears well despite its age - but does not, of course, apply to S-A or anyone else with billions to their names...

Comment

• amateur51

Latest news from Barclays ....

on the day they announce that the bank had beaten profit predictions with pre-tax profits running at £759m of pre-tax profits, down 71% from the £2.6bn of profits last year, leading to Barclays shares being the biggest rises in the FTSE 100 in early trading, up 4.2% at 160.32p, the FSA reveals that Barclays' only remaining executive director, finance director Chris Lucas is under investigation by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in relation to funds raised in 2008.

In wake of Libor scandal, Chris Lucas is under FSA spotlight over £7.3bn funds raised from Middle East investors in 2008

the FSA believed not all the fees had not been disclosed in £7.3bn of fundraising mainly from Middle Eastern investors during the 2008 financial crisis. The fundraising helped the bank avoid a bailout by the taxpayer.

The bank said the FSA had "commenced an investigation involving Barclays and four current and former senior employees, including Chris Lucas".

Comment

Working...
          X