X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
    That certainly tells us a heck of a lot more about the 'woman' than the 'men' ... ?

The relevance is beyond question, but why 'almost certainly' in now overwhelmingly secular Spain ... ?

Are most Englishmen 'almost certainly' practising Anglicans ... ?
    you don't have to practice to be an anglican...in fact you don't even have to go to church, really.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Basically you agree to an interview with Lynn Barber at your peril - perhaps Rafa's people should have done their research a bit more thoroughly.

Thrilling mens' doubles just finished

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        Basically you agree to an interview with Lynn Barber at your peril - perhaps Rafa's people should have done their research a bit more thoroughly.

I am sure that , since Rafa has people, your advice would be sound RT, but what a bonkers world where this is necessary.
        Anyway, most interviews, with sportsfolk, musicians etc are usually uninformative and pointless.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          He was the same on the tennis court too, then, ammy

Pur-leaze Calibs - one has standards

He always struck me as having the charisma of Chas Hawtrey in the rain

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Extended Play View Post
            At the risk of interrupting the current flow of this thread, I'd like to put in a word of praise for Clare Balding on the Radio 5 Live commentary team -- not just for today, but for what I've heard of her throughout the fortnight. She's up for the light-hearted commentary box chit-chat, certainly -- but can stifle it in a moment in order to get back to describing the action on court. Her commentary has been razor-sharp. IMV, a very impressive broadcaster.
            I agree EP and her early Saturday morning R4 prog Ramblings with Clare Balding is a cracker too - a very intelligent broadcaster
            Last edited by Guest; 07-07-12, 21:36. Reason: plural rambling

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
              I saw bits of the match and will try to find it on the I-Player later. Congratulations to Jonathan Marray who becomes the first British man to win the mens doubles in 76 years. Achieved with a Danish partner, Frederik Nielsen, who is the grandson of a Wimbledon finalist in the 1950s. Perry was 25 in May 1936. Murray was 25 in May 2012. We could be on a roll here.

Scottycelt - I am happy to re-word my statement on the behaviour of Spanish Catholics however you wish. My Anglican cousins are enjoying their retirement with Union Jack flags around their modest Alicante garden and are sadly not a reliable source.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

CHAMPIONS!

Last edited by Guest; 07-07-12, 22:22.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                    CHAMPIONS!
                    Yes, many congratulations and all that, but one's a Dane, for goodness sakes ... can you English not do anything on your own? ... and, anyway, both look pot ugly to me.

I think Andy Murray is positively cute and gorgeous compared to these two awful-looking brutes, but I'm certainly more than willing to defer to widely self-acknowledged experts like Members Amsey and Flossie on that one.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, many congratulations and all that, but one's a Dane, for goodness sakes ... can you English not do anything on your own? ... and, anyway, both look pot ugly to me.

I think Andy Murray is positively cute and gorgeous compared to these two awful-looking brutes, but I'm certainly more than willing to defer to widely self-acknowledged experts like Members Amsey and Flossie on that one.
                      Andy Murray's English Roots - http://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/feat...les/murray.php

Comment

• JFLL
                        • Jan 2011

... can you English not do anything on your own? ...
                        Well, most things, but not play doubles ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                          Maybe that explains his 'poshness' .... ?

Now come on, Lat ... one maternal great-grandparent was from Berwick upon Tweed which feels itself so English even its football team prefers to head north of that gerrymandered, artificial border to play in Scotland, and the other, though born in York, had the revealing surname, Anderson!

Never mind, that wee laddie Ward is showing some real promise but, if he gets anywhere near Murray's standard, watch out for our Celtic cousins, the Irish, putting in some sort of 'Obama-style' claim!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                            Well, most things, but not play doubles ...

Comment

• amateur51

I trust that you're not referring to the Dook who is not at all "pot-ugly" but just hampered by his genes.

As for the shiny dude in the opposite corner - there are clubs up West for people like that

I'm told

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Maybe that explains his 'poshness' .... ?

Now come on, Lat ... one maternal great-grandparent was from Berwick upon Tweed which feels itself so English even its football team prefers to head north of that gerrymandered, artificial border to play in Scotland, and the other, though born in York, had the revealing surname, Anderson!

Never mind, that wee laddie Ward is showing some real promise but, if he gets anywhere near Murray's standard, watch out for our Celtic cousins, the Irish, putting in some sort of 'Obama-style' claim!
                                Berwick Rangers FC are only in Scotland because the English opposition is too tough for them. I suppose next you will be saying that 'Murray' is a Scottish name. Colin, Pete, Ruby and Al the Pub Landlord would disagree.

I want Murray and Federer to win today. If it wasn't for the pesky roof, we could say 'cancelled by the rain' and call it a draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X