Wimbledon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Tarleton

She also quizzed him on how, as a fit young man, he managed to survive such long absences from his girlfriend who prefers apparently to remain at home in Mallorca (unlike the other tennis WAGs). It all made him rather cross.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
      She also quizzed him on how, as a fit young man, he managed to survive such long absences from his girlfriend who prefers apparently to remain at home in Mallorca (unlike the other tennis WAGs). It all made him rather cross.
      Nosey bitch ...

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

I don't buy papers these days and am amazed to think that Rafa does underwear adverts. Has anyone compiled a list of who in the tennis world advertises what?

He certainly has an additional task to perform before he serves each time.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
          Nosey bitch ...

Here's the article - I'd not heard of it before, thanks RT

http://www.nadalnews.com/2011/06/05/.../#.T_h0Go5Z-Ng
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
            I am amazed to think that Rafa does underwear adverts.

He certainly has an additional task to perform before he serves each time.
            Feast your peepers, saly! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TdQRz1E6Jm...en+Klein+2.jpg

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Calibs, I think Rafa's reputation is toast hereabouts

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post

I thought Tim was quite pretty when young, nice proportions and graceful.
                Oh he was, Mary!

And when push came to shove, utterly useless

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Err,thank you Calibs

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Here's the article - I'd not heard of it before, thanks RT

http://www.nadalnews.com/2011/06/05/.../#.T_h0Go5Z-Ng
                    It seems odd that she should be so offended by the sight of his underwear in a room. All the celebs flaunt themselves on the side of buses for money every day of the week. Obviously she has no interest in tennis at all, eg 'Borg was boring'. She has also fixated on one area of his anatomy. Most tennis people have all kinds of weird mannerisms and his to my mind have never stood out.

Everything about her article indicates that she went in there with boxing gloves. She is the kind of woman who finds some men 'too nice'. You only need to read her for completely understanding why. Clearly it was a hatchet job on his sexual orientation from the Rock Hudson reference to the mentioning of his mother and umpteen doubts about his girlfriend. All very nasty.

I have no idea what time will reveal of Rafa. I can't say that whatever happens in his personal life will bother me. What I do note is that all her emphasis on his required posing and the video with Shakira could apply to Beckham and a hundred others. They would not though be loaded as if some sort of evidence. He is of course almost certainly a Catholic, which may or may not be relevant.

But there was a time when many here were 25, not married and not sexually active three times daily. Most of them did not exert the energy needed of tennis superstars or spend hours flying across the world. She doesn't mention whether she had a different boyfriend every night at age 14 but there is some sort of implication that we are supposed to think of her as the norm.

He is at probably half her age the one of better character. I think he tolerated her far more than she deserved.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-12, 22:19.

Comment

• Extended Play

At the risk of interrupting the current flow of this thread, I'd like to put in a word of praise for Clare Balding on the Radio 5 Live commentary team -- not just for today, but for what I've heard of her throughout the fortnight. She's up for the light-hearted commentary box chit-chat, certainly -- but can stifle it in a moment in order to get back to describing the action on court. Her commentary has been razor-sharp. IMV, a very impressive broadcaster.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        And when push came to shove, utterly useless
                        He was the same on the tennis court too, then, ammy

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                          It seems odd that she should be so offended by the sight of his underwear in a room. All the celebs flaunt themselves on the side of buses for money every day of the week. Clearly she has no interest in tennis at all, eg 'Borg was boring'. She has also fixated on one area of his anatomy. Most tennis people have all kinds of weird mannerisms and his to my mind have never stood out.

Everything about her article indicates that she went in there with boxing gloves. She is the kind of woman who finds some men 'too nice'. You only need to read her for completely understanding why. Clearly it was a hatchet job on his sexual orientation from the Rock Hudson reference to the mentioning of his mother and umpteen doubts about his girlfriend. All very nasty.

I have no idea what time will reveal of Rafa. I can't say that whatever happens in his personal life will bother me. What I do note is that all her emphasis on his required posing and the video with Shakira could apply to Beckham and a hundred others. They would not though be loaded as if some sort of evidence. He is of course almost certainly a Catholic, which may or may not be relevant.

But there was a time when many here were 25, not married and not sexually active three times daily. Most of them did not exert the energy needed of tennis superstars or spend hours flying across the world. She doesn't mention whether she had a different boyfriend every night at age 14 but there is some sort of implication that we are supposed to think of her as the norm.

He is clearly at probably half her age the one of better character. I think he tolerated her far more than she deserved.
                          That's almost exactly my reaction now I've read it Lats

And saly: you're welcome

Comment

• Northender

Is Henry V going to start on time on the HD channel?

Comment

• scottycelt

She is the kind of woman who finds some men 'too nice'.
                              That certainly tells us a heck of a lot more about the 'woman' than the 'men' ... ?

He is of course almost certainly a Catholic, which may or may not be relevant. .
                              The relevance is beyond question, but why 'almost certainly' in now overwhelmingly secular Spain ... ?

Are most Englishmen 'almost certainly' practising Anglicans ... ?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                                Is Henry V going to start on time on the HD channel?
                                See other thread. It'll be a veeeeerrrrrrrrrry long match if it affects Henry V

Comment

Working...
                                X