Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Story of your life Duckie!! But, respect your Elders and Betters!

Sorry: Play suspended due to rain? Hello? They have a roof don't they? Seems a total nonsense to me not to have it closed when forecast is iffy.
    Oh 'ello! she's got the scoring sorted out, now she's the eggs-pert

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Oh 'ello! she's got the scoring sorted out, now she's the eggs-pert

Anna I think the approach is that it's supposed to be an outdoor tournament so wherever possible (even at the expense of a break if there's a shower) they don't use the roof...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Anna I think the approach is that it's supposed to be an outdoor tournament so wherever possible (even at the expense of a break if there's a shower) they don't use the roof...
        Seems daft to me. Honestly, I'm losing interest and, how do the players feel about having the match disrupted? Better to have the roof on from the onset, like we do at Wales Millennium Stadium.

Comment

• amateur51

Seems daft to me. Honestly, I'm losing interest and, how do the players feel about having the match disrupted? Better to have the roof on from the onset, like we do at Wales Millennium Stadium.
          Play much Grand Slam tennis at WMS do you?!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Play much Grand Slam tennis at WMS do you?!
            Oh, but it's now been said, this will be a 3 set match, Cali said it'll be a 5 match. So I'm even more dazed and confused and have decided not to look anymore but will see the result later. Tennis is too confusing.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Oh, but it's now been said, this will be a 3 set match, Cali said it'll be a 5 match. So I'm even more dazed and confused and have decided not to look anymore but will see the result later. Tennis is too confusing.
              They must have meant that with one set each, when they come back it'll effectively be like a three-setter... Don't be discouraged, Anna - we are here to help and support

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna
                If you have been affected by the issues in this episode please contact bbc.co.uk/tennis 3 or 5[/COLOR]

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

The scoring of tennis seems simple to me compared with cricket and its' silly mid this and the other and everyone standing about doing nothing.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                    The scoring of tennis seems simple to me compared with cricket and its' silly mid this and the other and everyone standing about doing nothing.

Absolutely!!

Comment

• Flosshilde
                      • Nov 2010

Oh, I don't worry about the score or who's winning - just enjoy the spectacle of two hunky men* bashing balls at each other. Especially if the baggy shorts are banned & tight ones make a come-back (one of my favourite news stories of the week was about Andy Murray's balls falling out of his shorts **).

* Others might like to substitute 'women' for 'men' in the above sentence.

** OK - I'll go & wash my mind out with soap & water.

Comment

• Mary Chambers
                        • Nov 2010

I was glad Federer won, but I did feel very sorry for Andy Murray at the end. I want Federer's little girls - just adorable.

Comment

• salymap
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

I've never seen Murray play so well,especially at the beginning of the match. He didn't weaken but Federer on a good day is almost unbeatable.

Murray will be back.

Comment

• scottycelt

Hard Luck, Murray ... you gave it your best shot and things might have been very different in that second set.

Still, congratulations to the Fed. He makes it all look so easy and hardly breaks sweat.

The best player in the world deservedly won, but Murray can hold his head high.

BTW, the hilarious Sue Barker gaffe is already all over the internet and the most extraordinary (and disturbing) thing is that no one at the BBC seems to have even noticed ... or maybe not so extraordinary for Scottish viewers.

For those who didn't witness it ..

Sue Barker at the Wimbledon 2012 final commenting on Scotland's "new" First Minister - Alex Ferguson.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

CHAMPIONS!

The Williams Sisters Win The Ladies' Doubles Again

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Congratulations to Roger Federer.

Five of the eight trophies have now gone to people aged over 30. That figure will become either six or seven depending on the result of the mixed doubles finals.

Currently, Frederik Nielsen, 28, is the only trophy winner under the age of 30 and only Elena Vesnina, 26 next month, can stop the march of 'the really ancient'. First she and Leander Paes, 39, need to defeat Mike Bryan, 35, and Lisa Raymond, 38.

And that outcome is by no means certain.
                                Last edited by Guest; 08-07-12, 19:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X