• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Having a great deal of personal and professional experience and knowledge of ASD i'm very relieved by this news. I'm still surprised though given the actions of our current government towards those with disabilities.
    MrGG, how did you manage to miss 'hug a hoodie' Dave's pre-election comments against the proposed extradition?

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

I think the prof has been on sabbatical in Bhutan !

but WHY do the media insist on calling him an Asperger's "Sufferer" ???

this man HAS suffered but NOT because of his Asperger's

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
        Hurrah! Nay, huzzizzle!
        I concur!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
          A very sensible decision. Why did it take 10 years to arrive at it?
          Partly the servile stance towards the US of A taken by the likes of Blair and Brown?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Pabmusic
              • May 2011

...WHY do the media insist on calling him an Asperger's "Sufferer" ???

Agree absolutely.

Comment

• John Shelton

Last edited by Guest; 17-10-12, 11:35.

Comment

• An_Inspector_Calls

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  "The Americans said his actions caused $800,000 (£487,000) worth of damage to military computer systems."

And this from a country whose national debt is soaring up the trillions. Pay them off and tell them to shut up.
                  Didn't he hack into nearly 100 US computers? If so, fixing/testing/verifying them for £5,000 each seems conservative!

I agree he's not an Asperger's 'sufferer', but I assume now he will be tried in the UK?

Comment

• Simon

"For example, all the opinion polls show that the Greeks are still overwhelmingly in favour of staying in the Euro"

Don't really want to derail this onto a EU siding, and in any case demolishing pro-EU views is rather like taking candy from kids and a bit sadistic. The quote above, is, I assume, meant to support the EU. It doesn't. All that it really does is illustrate the truism that people generally vote for what is in their own interests.

Q] Why are most Greeks still in favour of remaining in the EU?
                    A] Because the EU has given them billions of Euros and because if they leave, their economy is likely to get even worse. It's a no-brainer, really: if I were Greek, I think it's how I'd be feeling, too.

What they fail to ask is why they are in the mess they are. A truthful answer to that would illustrate just how the single currency has wrecked their country. But they, as do so many, fail to see beyond their own immediate situation.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by An_Inspector_Calls View Post
                      ...I assume now he will be tried in the UK?
                      The report said the DPP would consider this - I presume he's committed offences under our (Scottish?) law. Perhaps he hasn't.

Comment

• Simon

I think the prof has been on sabbatical in Bhutan !
                        No, but I've been away again for most of the last week.

Anyway, instead of making tangential comments, how about answering my question? Or was your own earlier comment just another groundless swipe at a government you don't happen to agree with?

(And please don't respond with yet another link to your usual comic. As "evidence", such reports are about as reliable as a Belgian MEP's expense claim.)

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Didn't he hack into nearly 100 US computers? If so, fixing/testing/verifying them for £5,000 each seems conservative!
                          I'm sure that even in our current parlous economic state we could afford to reimburse them. Their pride was obviously hurt by having their secure military computer system hacked by a bedroom amateur, why not dent it further by paying off what, in national terms, is clearly a piffling sum?

I apologise for using the word 'country' in my original post when I should have said 'government'.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• An_Inspector_Calls

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            I'm sure that even in our current parlous economic state we could afford to reimburse them. Their pride was obviously hurt by having their secure military computer system hacked by a bedroom amateur, why not dent it further by paying off what, in national terms, is clearly a piffling sum?
                            Why do anything to hurt the pride of the US?

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Why do anything to hurt the pride of the US?
                              I amended my comment to refer not to the US but to the administration. And my own reason would be because they attempt to exert too much influence in the affairs of other sovereign countries. If you are 100% approving of their international policies you will, of course, wish them nothing but well and support them in all their endeavours.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• An_Inspector_Calls

No, I'm not 100 % approving of US policies, nor do I wish them well in all their enterprises, so I don't support them in all their endeavours. But petty actions to hurt their pride would make the UK look pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X