Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    As I was pointing out to the woman next in the queue at the supermarket yesterday: "You have to stand on your head eating that salad cream".
    Oh my God! I bet she nearly died!!!!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

green side up!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... my pa recounted a war story - various fragile missiles which needed to be transported upside-down. The instructions accompanying the crates: "These missiles need to be transported upside-down. To avoid any confusion, the Bottom has been clearly labelled "Top"..."

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

... my pa recounted a war story - various fragile missiles which needed to be transported upside-down. The instructions accompanying the crates: "These missiles need to be transported upside-down. To avoid any confusion, the Bottom has been clearly labelled "Top"..."
          Maybe The Hollies could empathise!

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
            • Apr 2007

My dad was fond of quoting 'To avoid confusion the top is marked bottom', but I'm not sure it was about missiles. A little googling has thrown up this:

>>>MARs [mercury arc rectifiers] are fun to watch! they flash about with a cool blue glow! When I worked for a midlands electrical enginnering company we use to ship them in wooden boxes upside down so the mercury sploshed about in the dome and did not smash the electrodes. The label on the box read "The equipment in this box is shipped upside down and to avoid confusion the top has been labelled bottom and the bottom has been labelled top". Believe it or believe it not!<<<
            I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Working...
            X