Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Do UKIP meet in a Planet Gong style teleconference ?
    I'm finding it's stretching the bounds of credulity to think that people who know so much about music would be taken in by such a load of twaddle
    We know a lot about other things too. We read, we go to the theatre. We watch football matches, have pic-nics, we get pissed, we go to the gym, buy groceries. I haven't eaten a baby in weeks! In fact, we're really quite normal

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Bad news. You live there.
      Bryn!!!!! Pass the celotape, quick, my sidea are splitting

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
        I wasn't aware that knowing a lot about music came with an attached compulsory political viewpoint. Some people who know a lot about music also vote Conservative, you know...or UKIP.

Why am I NOT surprised that you misunderstood ?

Believe it or not i'm not talking about a "compulsory political viewpoint" but rather that, in my experience, people who are musicians or very knowledgeable about music (or literature & art for example) tend to have a wider experience of the world through travel and awareness of other cultures. This usually leads (though obviously NOT in Camerons case .... as experience doesn't equate with wisdom or empathy in him !) to a less "little englander" mentality. One doesn't have to dig too deep to see the undercurrents in the whole UKIP thing , something that anyone with a passing understanding of Wagner would "get" straight away........

and if these people are "NORMAL" we definitely need protecting from them right away

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Believe it or not i'm not talking about a "compulsory political viewpoint" but rather that, in my experience, people who are musicians or very knowledgeable about music (or literature & art for example) tend to have a wider experience of the world through travel and awareness of other cultures. This usually leads (though obviously NOT in Camerons case .... as experience doesn't equate with wisdom or empathy in him !) to a less "little englander" mentality. One doesn't have to dig too deep to see the undercurrents in the whole UKIP thing , something that anyone with a passing understanding of Wagner would "get" straight away........

and if these people are "NORMAL" we definitely need protecting from them right away
          I think it's called having one's cake and eating it, GG - an ethical stance very much of our times.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            I think it's called having one's cake and eating it, GG - an ethical stance very much of our times.
            GG knows a lot about cake - he's a distant cousin of Marie Antoinette.

Comment

• James Wonnacott
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              We know a lot about other things too. We read, we go to the theatre. We watch football matches, have pic-nics, we get pissed, we go to the gym, buy groceries. I haven't eaten a baby in weeks! In fact, we're really quite normal
              Please Sir, I don't watch football matches
              I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                I'm not sure that I would.....
                Just out of curiosity, you know Pee.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                  • Nov 2010

GG knows a lot about cake - he's a distant cousin of Marie Antoinette.
                  I'm more of a Sourdough man myself
                  and even though I did used to live in Totnes
                  and have a pair of Birkenstocks
                  I'm not a "lefty" ................ pass the foie gras

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
                    Nor does Nigel, but what he doesn't know about cricket.........

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
                      Do you get expelled for playing Boules ?

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                        • Nov 2010

Ah, now that's different
                        I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

His solos are his trademark (NOT deutschmark )

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                            • Nov 2010

And yet you, who claim to be possessed of such a wide knowledge and tolerant nature, arrogantly dismiss UKIP supporters as "little Englanders". How very open-minded of you.
                            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

Actually Nige isnt a one trick pony.

He has something to say about wind farms too!

Wants them all banned.

We only have wind farms cause of Brussels apparantly!

3VS

"little bit of politics!!"
                              Last edited by Guest; 29-05-12, 17:12. Reason: cause I felt like it

Comment

• Beef Oven

His solos are his trademark (NOT deutschmark )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UJk...eature=related
                                Killer!!!!!

Tap (as we say) is one of the funniest things EVER!! A couple of weeks ago I resolved to buy a DVD of it so I can have it, er, well, on tap. I forgot to buy it , so I am off to Amazon now -thanksd for jogging my memory GG!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X