• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
    On Tuesday!!
    How many days does she need us to celebrate? I thought the big day was Sunday.
    they are very insecure...they like people fawning every day. Must be like having a whole nation of Sean Rafferty's at their disposal !

Sorry didn't mention the Debussy..if he visited Eastbourne, then he deserves a bit of the glory.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      What's 'homeopathic' music? A semi demi quaver is enough for a whole symphony? (oh, no - that's minimalism).
      It's more like playing something in a room that once contained (but no longer does) a sub atomic particle that had travelled through Britain at some point...... the sympathetic resonance of Britain will have left it's vibrational signature thus making it powerfully British

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        It's more like playing something in a room that once contained (but no longer does) a sub atomic particle that had travelled through Britain at some point...... the sympathetic resonance of Britain will have left it's vibrational signature thus making it powerfully British
        can you buy the album in Boots?......
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Probably
          but sadly they don't sell this , which is one of my faves

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

i have been to some gigs where that would have been easily the best use of tape.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

i have been to some gigs where that would have been easily the best use of tape.
              Its well worth a listen if you can get a copy

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Can you buy albums in Boots nowadays?

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Its well worth a listen if you can get a copy
                  have to wait till its on youtube, I guess.
                  Could you pop a track or two on?!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

have to wait till its on youtube, I guess.
                    Could you pop a track or two on?!
                    That really misses the point
                    and he is a mate so i'm not inclined to pirate his CD

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

well I think the point has missed me.Probably due to over work on my part !
                      Would like to listen. Am against piracy. Wouldn't mind a "taster" if this is possible on this work !

Think I May have suffered sense of humour failure !

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

well I think the point has missed me.Probably due to over work on my part !
                        Would like to listen. Am against piracy. Wouldn't mind a "taster" if this is possible on this work !

Think I May have suffered sense of humour failure !
                        here you go

Released on compact disc in 2007 by GD Stereo, Favorite Intermissions collects surreptitiously recorded improvisations by symphony musicians before and between orchestra concerts. The album’s…

Comment

• Mr Pee
                          • Nov 2010

Probably
                          but sadly they don't sell this , which is one of my faves

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/ar...pagewanted=all
                          Hang on, he's recording random tootlings and warm-ups during concert intervals, and releasing it as an album, with himself listed as the composer??

Please tell me nobody's actually paid money for that......

(And I'm very surprised that DG haven't come down on him like a ton of bricks for imitating their sleeve design!)
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                            Hang on, he's recording random tootlings and warm-ups during concert intervals, and releasing it as an album, with himself listed as the composer??

Please tell me nobody's actually paid money for that......

(And I'm very surprised that DG haven't come down on him like a ton of bricks for imitating their sleeve design!)
                            "It won't do! It won't do. You must investigate. You must not talk nonsense!"

Of course Universal came down on him like a tonne of bricks. Just follow the link provided and use a little nouse when doing so.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Of course Universal came down on him like a tonne of bricks. Just follow the link provided and use a little nouse when doing so.
                              Its design is also a knockoff of the classic Deutsche Grammophon label, which Mr. DeLaurenti called a “seal of approval and a seal of quality.” He called the name of the label, GD Stereo, a “delicious irony.”

Deutsche Grammophon did not respond to an inquiry left with a spokeswoman for its American distributor, Universal Classics.
                              That's what it says in the link. Where does it say they came down on him like a ton of bricks?
                              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

How unkind, Bryn

Comment

Working...
                                X