Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Some simple English Integrateds also seem to have remarkable longevity, climactically affected or not.

Mum uses my old QED A240 amp in her bedroom, its around 21 years old, works perfectly, never serviced; hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale 505.2s of a similar vintage....

Arcam still service the first amp they ever made too.
    Ah, 505.2s - I can still hear my old pair now

Comment

• umslopogaas
      • Nov 2010

#15 jayne lee wilson

'climatically', my dear, I've no wish to find out what affects my amplifiers 'climactically', what they do in private is their business.

But on a more serious note, yes, you paid a lot of money up front for Quad items back then, and probably still do, but mine definitely repaid the investment. I'd still be using them, but for the fact I got a chance a few years ago to buy a Musical Fidelity amp. The price was vastly reduced in a sale and was still out of my range, but what the hell, I bought it anyway. It has enough power to strip the paper off the walls, so I have to be careful, but if I dont nullify my eardrums and pop the speaker cones in the process, savouring the sound is a very enjoyable process.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Really now, I was of course considering how older amplifiers responded to demand on peaks! Climaxes!
        Of course I was! What ARE you thinking of?

(Trails sadly off to bed, only a cat & Hindemith Quartets for company...)
        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 01-06-12, 02:17.

Comment

Working...
        X