Is there a classical music friendly mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Jul 2024

Is there a classical music friendly mobile?

As the infrequent texts that I send are almost all classical music related, I'm rather vexed by the poor predictive text in my Sony-Ericcson phone. Green it may be, but Strauss/Mahler it ain't. Am forever spelling composers names and works. It even struggled with the word 'sublime' as in 'Strauss is an intriguing composer. From the sublime Metamorphosen to the banal RosenKavalier'. That took four spelling additions!

So as my contract will soon be up for renewal, could I please ask for recommendations? A predictive text that knows of the existence of Wagner and Mahler takes precedence over the latest techno-gizmo or the ability to Twit or Farcebook.
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Your musico-lexicographical database has clearly been dumbed down. My mobile does Schenkerian analysis, generates random retrogradable tone-rows and plays the complete Gurrelieder as its ring tone. Makes tea in the morning too.

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Predictive text is rubbish and my first action with a new phone is to disable it.
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Mr Pee
        • Nov 2010

Some phones- including my shiny new Blackberry! - have a personal dictionary feature, into which you can add words/names etc that might not otherwise be recognised. Works a treat!
        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

RM

I'm curious as to why you're writing your dissertation using your mobile phone.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Mr Pee..i can also add words to mine...just that I'm a lazy wotsit.

Comment

Working...
            X