X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    There we go. Childish abuse. In the absence of a coherent argument, just resort to mud-slinging. Sadly it's what I have some to expect.
    It's not a "Coherent argument" at all
    that's the problem
    it's just another load of assumptions............

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      but the best bit my chums is this ........."due to having some money to spare to increase their chances."

I guess Cameron and his mates just had families with "some money to spare", makes it sound like a benign uncle paying for the sprogs piano lessons
      Don't knock him, Mr P - we're getting somewhere at last. Ignore the intervening ****head, and if Mr GG is honest in his answers, we may make some progress.

OK Mr GG, here's the question, and it's an honest one: is it wrong for an uncle to spend his money on a nephew's piano lessons, to help him do well?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
        Don't knock him, Mr P - we're getting somewhere at last. Ignore the intervening ****head, and if Mr GG is honest in his answers, we may make some progress.

OK Mr GG, here's the question, and it's an honest one: is it wrong for an uncle to spend his money on a nephew's piano lessons, to help him do well?
        Let's try another one - is it right for a father to use tax havens to avoid (not evade) paying tax so that his son can go to Eton?

And when his son keeps repeating as his personal mantra "We're All In This Together!"

Last edited by Guest; 14-05-12, 17:49. Reason: trypo

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post

Of course not ......... but to pretend that we live in a meritocracy is naive

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

I thought that after the recorder player, the standard went up sky high. Personally though, I thought the pianist did the best job of the night. I thought that the cellist was rather stiff a d wooden?
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

This gets ridiculous when numerous threads seem to feature the same people having silly squabbles.

It's very boring so stop it. I'll repeat this on every relevant thread.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Of course not ......... but to pretend that we live in a meritocracy is naive
                I have never pretended that we live in a meritocracy.

But thanks for the answer.

Now to Question 2

Is sending your children to a private school, if you can afford it, wrong?

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

If I can possibly get the last word on this thread -

This gets ridiculous when numerous threads seem to feature the same people having silly squabbles.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by french frank View Post

I think I have almost lost my temper. Why do you KEEP doing this.

You allow all kinds of irrelevant comments without any challenge, yet at the point when I come along and begin slowly to try to get to the bottom of fundamental points, you drop in and try to stop things.

If you want me to leave this forum, just tell me, now, and I'll go and never return. Your choice.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Simon

If you check - this wasn't directed at you. You posted and buried my earlier message. That's all.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Simon

If you check - this wasn't directed at you.
                        Why not?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=french frank;161999]This gets ridiculous when numerous threads seem to feature the same people having silly squabbles.

It's very boring so stop it. I'll repeat this on every relevant thread.[/QUOTE

Well saidFf! I don't like this kind of behaviour either! Spoils things for other people here!
                          Now back on topic........,
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            Why not?
                            All right, it wasn't directed at Simon's last post, as he seemed to imply.

Thanks, BBM. I think a lot of people are getting fed up with it.

This is a music thread.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                              • Nov 2010

If I can possibly get the last word on this thread -

Well said, FF. I just hope Am51 and Mr GG take notice.
                              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                                Well said, FF. I just hope Am51 and Mr GG take notice.
                                Referee!

Comment

Working...
                                X