Beatles Fans? A single album version of 'The Beatles' 1968 album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    In no particular order, Beef,

Glass Onion
    The continuing story of Bungalow Bill,
    Blackbird,
    Piggies,
    Yer Blues
    Helter Skelter,
    I]Revolution 1[/I],
    Cry Baby Cry,
    I'm so tired
    Sexy sadie,
    Revolution 9
    Birthday,
    Savoy Truffle
    Julia,
    Everybody's got something to say except for me and my monkey

Afraid I over-listened to while my guitar over the years and from a cover perspective I once saw Ritchie Havens do a wonderful version of Rocky Raccoon on Old Grey, or Disco 2 or some such BBC delight and I'd have that as the cover addition.

....but maybe Callum singing it would suffice!
    JC, thanks very much for the list!

I don't know why I thought getting lists from other forum members would help me to get down to my own 15-set.

I get slightly less sure each time someone posts their list!!

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Beef, we're four different, add my four and Long, long, long. and you've the Golden Hour White 20!
      Sorry cloughie, I have been taking thick-pills all week, what would that leave your 15 as?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

...but maybe Callum singing it would suffice!
        it was the getting drunk bit i found i could manage .... never did manage a lyrically flawless version and i would vouchsafe a serious ear pain on the pitch front .... it's a tricky little ditty ...
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Am I the only person on here who isn't a Beatles fan ?

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Am I the only person on here who isn't a Beatles fan ?
            How can anyone not be a Beatles fan?

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              true. Imagine.........without the Beatles ....no ELO !! Nightmare !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                true. Imagine.........without the Beatles ....no ELO !! Nightmare !!
                You know what, Thursday, during my daily 6.30 am jog through the forest (I am a saint!), I was playing 'Eldorado' by ELO on my iPod (shouldn't own up to that!) and I was thinking how ELO carried the baton from the fab four! It could easily have been a Beatles album from a parallel universe!!

P.S. I have no idea how 4 ELO albums got on my iPod. I was actually searching for Captain Beefheart, Joy Division, Can or some other trendy band

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

You know what, Thursday, during my daily 6.30 am jog through the forest (I am a saint!), I was playing 'Eldorado' by ELO on my iPod (shouldn't own up to that!) and I was thinking how ELO carried the baton from the fab four! It could easily have been a Beatles album from a parallel universe!!

P.S. I have no idea how 4 ELO albums got on my iPod. I was actually searching for Captain Beefheart, Joy Division, Can or some other trendy band
                  its bloody odd, a similar thing happened with a greatest hits tape just appearing out of nowhere in my car !!
                  anyway, gave it a play, out of intellectual musical curiosity of course, and it turns out they are the best band in the world for singing along to the backing vocals.
                  Although personally never do this, at all.
                  And I don't like Rockaria at all. oh no. Definitely not. Honest .

(TBF I tried Beefheart instead of ABBA and ELO on the long drives on family holidays when the kids were young........but it didn't work out as well as I hoped........)
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

It's quite easy really

McCartney

case closed ...............................

Comment

• Beef Oven

its bloody odd, a similar thing happened with a greatest hits tape just appearing out of nowhere in my car !!
                      anyway, gave it a play, out of intellectual musical curiosity of course, and it turns out they are the best band in the world for singing along to the backing vocals.
                      Although personally never do this, at all.
                      And I don't like Rockaria at all. oh no. Definitely not. Honest .

(TBF I tried Beefheart instead of ABBA and ELO on the long drives on family holidays when the kids were young........but it didn't work out as well as I hoped........)
                      Ian McCulloch, front man of Echo & the Bunnymen 'come out' in the NME, owning up to being a big ABBA fan and instantly liberated us after many uncomfortable years!

I just needed Joe Strummer to do the same with Boney M and I'd have been away!!

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Ian McCulloch, front man of Echo & the Bunnymen 'come out' in the NME, owning up to being a big ABBA fan and instantly liberated us after many uncomfortable years!

I just needed Joe Strummer to do the same with Boney M and I'd have been away!!
                        John Peel had a spell where he championed Sheena Easton...........so anything is possible!

Echo and the Bunnymen provided me with one of the most disappointing evenings of music I ever experienced, at Hammersmith odeon, when they were pretty much the coolest band around. Very uninspiring, to say the least. However, I forgive them pretty much anything for "The Killing Moon".

(I had a sneaky regard for "Belfast"...............) Wonder what the lyrics were about ?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

This
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is much better than the original

(i'm with you on kiss Prudence .......... as sung by ms Soiux and Candice Marie )

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

John Peel had a spell where he championed Sheena Easton...........so anything is possible!

Echo and the Bunnymen provided me with one of the most disappointing evenings of music I ever experienced, at Hammersmith odeon, when they were pretty much the coolest band around. Very uninspiring, to say the least. However, I forgive them pretty much anything for "The Killing Moon".

(I had a sneaky regard for "Belfast"...............) Wonder what the lyrics were about ?
                            This album is very good!

My view is like what you want!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

I would be interested to know board members opinions on the Banshees. I was a big fan back then, and I still think that they produced a string of fantastic singles. But the albums were pretty patchy in truth...........
                              The Scream was probably the most consistent, but If i lost all the albums now, I would probably just buy a greatest hits.

Also, on the two occasions I saw them, they put in a pretty half hearted effort, really. An hour (and not high energy of course ) one encore of Hong Kong garden and that was your lot.

Still love those singles , though !!

("Pretty " seems to be my word of the day. Pretty much !!)

Comment

• Beef Oven

HMS Belfast perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X