X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
    Really? 10.5m subscribers suggests that quite a few of them do, you know.
    maybe, but how many of those are really mrP in his many guises ?

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      mostly footy fans who have little choice if they want to actually watch their favourite sport on the telly, I should think.
      Well, they're probably chuffed to bits with Sky then.

There are other things on Sky, you know. I'm a subscriber (in case you didn't know) and I guarantee you, that in ten years, I have not watched a single game of football.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Well, they're probably chuffed to bits with Sky then.

There are other things on Sky, you know. I'm a subscriber (in case you didn't know) and I guarantee you, that in ten years, I have not watched a single game of football.
        they are no doubt chuffed at paying £45 a month.Bet they love that.
        Was your one and only experience of football at portsmouth, by any chance, panj? Just askin' .
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          maybe, but how many of those are really mrP in his many guises ?
          He'd have to be rolling in it and probably certifiable to boot, to take out that many multiple subscriptions.

Comment

• Panjandrum

they are no doubt chuffed at paying £45 a month.Bet they love that.
            Try £40/month. Do you not think that good VFM? Don't you get about 50 games per month? By my reckoning that's less than a quid a game. Oh, and how much football does your £150 p.a. licence fee get you?

Was your one and only experience of football at portsmouth, by any chance, panj? Just askin' .
            Er, I thought I said I hadn't watched a single game.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

He'd have to be rolling in it and probably certifiable to boot, to take out that many multiple subscriptions.
              and .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Try £40/month. Do you not think that good VFM? Don't you get about 50 games per month? By my reckoning that's less than a quid a game. Oh, and how much football does your £150 p.a. licence fee get you?

Er, I thought I said I hadn't watched a single game.
                you said in 10 years.
                Since you have formed a judgement on how boring you find it, you must have watched one before that. I was guessing it was at portsmouth, which would, to be fair, put most people off for life. At the end of the day.

Sky is daylight robbery anyway. 50 games, 48 involve man u or chelsea.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                  • Nov 2010

Sky is daylight robbery anyway.
                  No it isn't, if it shows things that I want to watch. Which it does. It's 30 quid a month, and it's worth every penny.
                  Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Panjandrum

you said in 10 years.
                    In ten years as a subscriber.

Since you have formed a judgement on how boring you find it, you must have watched one before that.
                    I don't need to jump out of a plane to know that would be dangerous.

Sky is daylight robbery anyway.
                    Now you're being silly. Robbery, by definition, has to be done without the victim's consent. Unless you're saying that Sky has hacked into people's bank accounts.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-05-12, 20:50.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                      No it isn't, if it shows things that I want to watch. Which it does. It's 30 quid a month, and it's worth every penny.
                      I am and will always be a PROUD GUARDIAN SUBSCRIBER. For less than 30 quid a month.

Do wish they wouldn't go on about shows that are only on Sky though... GOD life's so complicated these days isn't it?

Still, enjoying the Murdochs and their, er, associates, wriggling on the pin!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Now you're being silly. Robbery, by definition, has to be done without the victim's knowledge. Unless you're saying that Sky has hacked into people's bank accounts.
                        nothing that Rupe's minions like better than a "hack" in the country methinks

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                          I am and will always be a PROUD GUARDIAN SUBSCRIBER. For less than 30 quid a month.

Do wish they wouldn't go on about shows that are only on Sky though... GOD life's so complicated these days isn't it?

Still, enjoying the Murdochs and their, er, associates, wriggling on the pin!
                          its even more complicated now i know that the likes of Mr GG can manipulate peoples posts.............
                          Its enough to make you go back to work, or listen to some music !!

Comment

• Mr Pee
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            I am and will always be a PROUD GUARDIAN SUBSCRIBER.
                            Well, at least you'll never be short of toilet paper.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• John Skelton

Originally posted by John Skelton View Post
                              I think you'll find "the average man" (and, indeed, woman) "in the street" doesn't share your puppy-ish devotion to Sky and to Rupert Murdoch.
                              Really? 10.5m subscribers suggests that quite a few of them do, you know.
                              A lot of people shop in Tesco - most of them just do it and don't feel any emotional attachment to Tesco. As it were. A lot of people subscribe to Sky, and have a similar relation to the thing. Whereas Mr Pee talks of little else, on this message board.

I doubt that's representative of men (and women) in the street who happen to be Sky subscribers .

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Skelton View Post

I doubt that's representative of men (and women) in the street who happen to be Sky subscribers .
                                Why on earth go into the street when there's so much to watch on SKY TV ?
                                It beats me why anyone would want to set foot outside their door
                                with so much

TO WATCH ON SKY

thank heavens for supermarket shopping on the internet
                                without it i'd miss the great new

Series on SKY

(can I have my free stuff now Rupert ?)

Comment

Working...
                                X