• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Day Time TV

well sort of .... Leveson is unmissable lately but this looks well worth catching as it comes around ...should be on democracy live
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

and back with m'lud and m'learned mr jay on Thursday this week Andy Coulson and Lord Rothermere and on Friday the fragrant Mrs Brooks [assorted stable smells eh]

er not a lot may be said in view of impending proceedings elsewhere ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Why not get Sky and enjoy some opera or classical music on your television during the daytime instead of all this dreary irrelevance?
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
        Why not get Sky and enjoy some opera or classical music on your television during the daytime instead of all this dreary irrelevance?
        Irrelevant to whom, Mr Pee? It may appear irrrelevant to you, but this very long running inquiry would not still be proceeding if its irrelevance was much more general than that.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Leveson and Parliament are free Mr Pee ... i would not dream of giving any Murdoch business a penny ...

Comment

• ahinton
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              Leveson and Parliament are free Mr Pee ... i would not dream of giving any Murdoch business a penny ...
              I daresay that he was already aware of both of those facts! 'Tis mighty strange, though, how anyone - even if not directly affected by or interested in what the Leveson inquiry is having to do and with whom - can genuinely regard something on so large a scale with so many prominent figures involved n it as nore more than a mere irrelevance. It takes all sorts, I suppose...

Comment

• Mr Pee
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                I daresay that he was already aware of both of those facts! 'Tis mighty strange, though, how anyone - even if not directly affected by or interested in what the Leveson inquiry is having to do and with whom - can genuinely regard something on so large a scale with so many prominent figures involved n it as nore more than a mere irrelevance. It takes all sorts, I suppose...
                There are many far more important things that affect me a heck of a lot more than this media navel-gazing and left-wing hatchet job on News International.

The rising cost of energy,the instability in the Middle East, the threat of terrorism, the parlous state of the economy, paying my bills, my health, family, and worklife. Just a few of the things that are much more relevant to me. And I think you will find that outside the media- who are always interested in stories about themselves, the Westminster village, and the very small proportion of the populace who are not bored to death of the whole tedious saga- that the average man on the street feels exactly the same way.
                Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

There are many far more important things that affect me a heck of a lot more than this media navel-gazing and left-wing hatchet job on News International.

The rising cost of energy,the instability in the Middle East, the threat of terrorism, the parlous state of the economy, paying my bills, my health, family, and worklife. Just a few of the things that are much more relevant to me. And I think you will find that outside the media- who are always interested in stories about themselves, and the very small proportion of the populace who are not bored to death of the whole tedious saga- that the average man on the street feels exactly the same way.
                  The terrorism "threat" is to a large extent made up by people like News International, in my opinion.

George Orwell knew about this.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

But MrP
                    isn't Rupert almost "family" now ?

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      The terrorism "" is to a large extent mad up by people like News International, in my opinion.

George Orwell knew about this.
                      Really. What an idiotic theory, especially on the day that we heard of a foiled plot to bomb an airliner. Or was that cooked up by NI as well? Perhaps Murdoch and the CIA are inventing it all between them?

Mark Twain.

Comment

• John Skelton

And I think you will find that outside the media- who are always interested in stories about themselves, the Westminster village, and the very small proportion of the populace who are not bored to death of the whole tedious saga- that the average man on the street feels exactly the same way.
                        I think you'll find "the average man" (and, indeed, woman) "in the street" doesn't share your puppy-ish devotion to Sky and to Rupert Murdoch.

Or are you on commission?

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Mr Pee
                          Ever read about JFK's murder?
                          Ever heard of mossad?
                          Have you read 1984?

There are bad people out there. Not all of them work for the secret services, but quite a lot do.

In any case, in terms of real, quantifiable threat, things like pollution/poverty/drugs are a far bigger danger to most people, most of the time.

Our governments take us into wars on entirely made up grounds.........remember the non existent WMD'S?

They really aren't going to worry about a bit of M15/Mi6 naughtiness to keep the public concerned about external threats........
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by John Skelton View Post
                            I think you'll find "the average man" (and, indeed, woman) "in the street" doesn't share your puppy-ish devotion to Sky and to Rupert Murdoch.
                            Really? 10.5m subscribers suggests that quite a few of them do, you know.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
                              Really? 10.5m subscribers suggests that quite a few of them are you know.
                              mostly footy fans who have little choice if they want to actually watch their favourite sport on the telly, I should think.

A choice. But not much of one.

Comment

Working...
                              X