Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Nice try, Bryn, but I don't think that the British Broadcasting Company is that sophisticated!

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Ooh, yes (re Private Passions: they seem to think we don't know Clive Revel Horwood was the winner of the Maestro Opera comp).

Thanks FF for that spoiler....

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        Seems pointless to me -especially as the full information loads when you go to the page, but immediately disappears.

The whole re-design contradicts the basic tenet of information management & web design - clarity & ease of use, with the fewest number of clicks to get the information you want. At a stretch it could be said that the increased font size on the daily schedule is a nod towards accessibilty for people with visual impairments, but I doubt it that's why it was done
        Well said, Flosshilde. I agree 100% with you. I ended up zooming in on my browser to make it more visually appealing and to compress all that redundant white space but unfortunately can;t seem to find a way to make it site-specific. Absolutely pointless to comment to the BBC as one will only get the standard reply 'We Know Best'.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that they stick special cookies on our system that inhibits the we box that pops up asking you to comment on the new design...but maybe that is taking conspiracy theory too far.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
          Thanks FF for that spoiler....
          It had already been mentioned in this forum on 6th May!

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
            It had already been mentioned in this forum on 6th May!
            But I don't follow all the threads, Don!

Comment

Working...
            X