• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

It Is Your Fault Mr Pee

following one of yer usual tiffs with the rest of humanity i watched the 47 mins of Mr Galloway giving it to the US Senate ...splendid and invigorating exercise i thoroughly recommend

as one does i followed a link on the side to another Mr G appearance on Question Time .... and sitting on the panel was a Mr Hoon .... i had to consult wicki

Dispatches lobbyist investigation
    Main article: 2010 Cash for Influence Scandal

Hoon was one of the MPs named in the 2010 sting operation on political lobbying by the Channel 4 Dispatches programme. Hoon told an undercover reporter that he wanted to translate his knowledge and contacts into something that "frankly makes money".[25] On 22 March 2010 it was announced he had been suspended from the Parliamentary Labour Party, alongside Patricia Hewitt and Stephen Byers.[26] Consequently, he was dropped from the NATO "group of 12" committee that had been drafting NATO's new mission statement.[citation needed]
    Westland

In May 2011 Geoff Hoon took on a role with AgustaWestland. The same company had been awarded a £1.7billion contract when he was Defence Secretary. AgustaWestland was named as the preferred bidder for the Future Lynx project to deliver a new generation of helicopters to the MoD in March 2005 when Hoon was Defence Secretary. No other firms were invited to bid, despite claims that other manufacturers could have provided an alternative more cheaply and quickly.[27]
    ah that Hoon .... i had completely forgotten him and i blame you Mr Pee for his re-entry to my awareness
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
Working...
X