X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Posh Boys in trouble?

Cardinal Keith O’Brien today criticises Cameron of behaving immorally.

Britain's most senior Roman Catholic accuses Prime Minister David Cameron of immorality over tax policy, and calls for more aid for the poor.

And in an article by Andrew Rawnsley in today's Observer

Andrew Rawnsley: The government is being most undone by a combination of arrogance and inexperience at the highest levels

he contends that Nadine Dorries’s quip about 'Posh boys who don’t know the price of milk' is gaining currency in Westminster, even among Tory backbenchers.

I think this jibe of being out-of-touch, and also demonstrably incompetent, could stick, given the number of faux pas and downright scandals affecting the government - not to mention the now double-dip recession calling into question their economic policy.
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
    Cardinal Keith O’Brien today criticises Cameron of behaving immorally.

Britain's most senior Roman Catholic accuses Prime Minister David Cameron of immorality over tax policy, and calls for more aid for the poor.

And in an article by Andrew Rawnsley in today's Observer

Andrew Rawnsley: The government is being most undone by a combination of arrogance and inexperience at the highest levels

he contends that Nadine Dorries’s quip about 'Posh boys who don’t know the price of milk' is gaining currency in Westminster, even among Tory backbenchers.

I think this jibe of being out-of-touch, and also demonstrably incompetent, could stick, given the number of faux pas and downright scandals affecting the government - not to mention the now double-dip recession calling into question their economic policy.
    A Catholic Cardinal talking about immorality- well, he should know.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

This Thread is going to spiral downhill really quickly, I bet...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        I bet you an Archer it will take 6 posts

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          It already has ...

Comment

• kernelbogey
            • Nov 2010

Now then, now then....

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
              A Catholic Cardinal talking about immorality- well, he should know.
              Specifically, an 'immoral' tax stance. The point being that tax changes are not doing enough to help the poor while protecting the rich. More specifically, in not defending the standard of living of those worst off while refusing to make tax changes which may affect the rich, but wouldn't affect their standard of living at all: they will still be very rich. Can that be right?
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Interesting 15 minute snapshot Jeremy Hunt on R4http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...e_Jeremy_Hunt/ with Michael Gove praising him as a much loved brother....and anybody to do with Arts and Heritage and Civil service saying basically>>>> clever little two faced , forked tongued , self interested */^**¬]*....
                bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

posh boys are trouble ...
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Frances_iom
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    ..Can that be right?
                    they are Tories - did you honestly expect anything else ? recall that the electorate post war still had memories of their behaviour in the depression of the 30's and dumped them - maybe in 2015 it is possible to see a repeat of this tho I strongly suspect a bitter north-south divide by then.
                    Last edited by Frances_iom; 29-04-12, 12:25.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

two arrogant posh boys who don't know the price of milk… two arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition and no passion to want to understand the lives of others – and that is their real crime".
                      that repetition is good innit
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        Specifically, an 'immoral' tax stance. The point being that tax changes are not doing enough to help the poor while protecting the rich. More specifically, in not defending the standard of living of those worst off while refusing to make tax changes which may affect the rich, but wouldn't affect their standard of living at all: they will still be very rich. Can that be right?
                        What about asking Mr Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                          they are Tories - did you honestly expect anything else ?
                          My question was really aimed at Mr Pee in view of his response .

I don't really have expectations of anyone - it leads to disappointment .
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                            they are Tories - did you honestly expect anything else ? recall that the electorate post war still had memories of their behavious in the depression of the 30's and dumped them - maybe in 2015 it is possible to see a repeat of this tho I strongly suspect a bitter north-south divide by then.
                            Eggsqueues me, 'they' are not Tories, 'they' are a Coalition of Tories and Lib Dems. Has Dr Cable gone off to be a water colourist? We have heard the voice of Tory dissent - who speaks for the LibDems?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              What about asking Mr Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister

(please miss can I use very offensive language ?)

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              who speaks for the LibDems?
                              They are merely Tories in a rather flimsy disguise now ....... shame on them and lets hope they get completely slaughtered in the elections this week ......

Comment

Working...
                              X