Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

never believe anything you read on the internet or in a book , newspaper, church , school , temple, palace, cave etc etc
    don't ever assume that anything you do on the internet is confidential
    don't for a minute believe that all the people who post on this messageboard are real or even believe a word of what they say (not mentioning any names )

then you will be happy

but maybe alone

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      I receive a virtually identical scam message purporting to be from my bank, Lloydstsb, about once every six months, Ferret. At least HSBC contacted you to reassure you all was OK; I can't thunk of the number of times I've posted this message onto the equivalent department at Lloyds, and have never received an acknowledgement.
      I've had them (purportedly) from Lloyds/TSB, HSBC, Santander, PayPal, Co-op Bank, Western Union, and CocaCola. Some of them look very realistic, with proper logos etc. The easy ones to spot are those where you have had no dealings with the organisation, the others need a second look, but not for long!

Examining the background email address usually reveals some very uncharacteristic elements.

Comment

Working...
      X