• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

Monteverdi Vespers - Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, Glasgow

The Dunedin Consort are giving a performance of the Monteverdi Vespers in the massive interior of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum on Saturday April 28th. at 8pm.

This should allow conductor John Butt a chance to engage in the spatial effects available in such a vast building for placement of the musicians.

I mention this now as it doesn't seem to be well advertised & that there are some members who may feel like making the journey & knew nothing of the performance.

Anyway, hope to see you there - och aye the noo !
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Sounds a wonderful location; and if Mr Butt is as good with Monteverdi as he is with Bach then it should be memorable. Shame I live 600 miles away! Hope the Glaswegians don't get too excited by the Ave Maris Stella.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

I had been looking forward to this for several months - then my partner decided that the only time his work commitments allowed for a planned visit to Istanbul (a place I've wanted to visit for years) had to be at the end of April - so I'm missing the SCO with Benedetti playing in Vivaldi's 4 Seasons, The Vespers, and several invitations to opening dos for the Glasgow International Festival (of contemporary art)

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I may be a philistine here, but | couldn't get to grips with their recoprding of Messiah?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
        X