X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
    I've gone on Toormore for the 2000 Guineas. Kingman looks very good but overhyped and I'm always suspicious of horses that get overhyped.

I don't usually do the Scoop6 (this is only my third time) but having a go today.
    Well with that prize fund who can blame you !

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Cambridge non-runner tomorrow but one to watch closely.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Cambridge non-runner tomorrow but one to watch closely.

Good luck everyone!
        She is going straight to the Musidora is she not ?

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Well Shifting Power did run a blinder fourth at 50-1 I forgot , however, to mention the other Hannon runner Night of thunder who over a longer trip, better ground and a good gallop turned the form round with Kingman. Toormore disappointing , Australia looks a worthy favourite for the Derby.

Racing makes mugs of us all . I loved Night of Thunder as a 2 year old especially at Doncaster but could not see how he turn the form round with Kingman.

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Well Shifting Power did run a blinder fourth at 50-1 I forgot , however, to mention the other Hannon runner Night of thunder who over a longer trip, better ground and a good gallop turned the form round with Kingman. Toormore disappointing , Australia looks a worthy favourite for the Derby.

Racing makes mugs of us all . I loved Night of Thunder as a 2 year old especially at Doncaster but could not see how he turn the form round with Kingman.
            It certainly does. Good to see the winner got an enthusiastic reception from the crowd even though few, if any, could have backed it. I've been at races where deathly silence prevails after a very long priced outsider has come in so full marks to the Newmarket crowd.
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Another mug here,another Saturday,another nil return.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

What's the word on this Saturday's Epsom Derby from all enthusiasts? Alison? Barbirollians?

Most commentators seem to think that it's a one horse race and odds-on favourite Australia will win. He could only manage second in the 2000 Guineas so I'm yet to be convinced. Tempting Fate, I know, but I have a good strike rate with backing Derby winners but have yet to make up my mind who gets my money.

Any views?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

What's the word on this Saturday's Epsom Derby from all enthusiasts? Alison? Barbirollians?

Most commentators seem to think that it's a one horse race and odds-on favourite Australia will win. He could only manage second in the 2000 Guineas so I'm yet to be convinced. Tempting Fate, I know, but I have a good strike rate with backing Derby winners but have yet to make up my mind who gets my money.

Any views?
                  Orchestra,sounds like your kinda horse Pet ?

Would this be a pacemaker for Australia,or would that be one of the other two O'Brien runners ?

Anyway you can get 7/1 in a market without the favourite.
                  Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 02-06-14, 23:32.

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

A good time for flat enthusiasts with lots of interest this weekend and on to Glorious Goodwood next week.

I have heard good reports of SAHAFFY 2.10 Newmarket.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Thanks Alison.

Not had a racing bet for ages,thing is do I take the 13/2 on offer now ?

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Small bet each way perhaps

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Thanks for the advice and the tip chuck,I'm on it.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Petrushka
                              • Nov 2010

Found this too late but just as well it seems. One to note for next time.

I went to Newbury last Saturday and had a fabulous time - but no winners, alas.

Put my money on Magician for today's King George at Ascot (3.50), Line of Reason in the 3.30 at York, and Belgian Bill and King Torus (E/W) in the 3.15 at Ascot.

Really need these winners so I can get some boxed sets!

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Found this too late but just as well it seems. One to note for next time.

I went to Newbury last Saturday and had a fabulous time - but no winners, alas.

Put my money on Magician for today's King George at Ascot (3.50), Line of Reason in the 3.30 at York, and Belgian Bill and King Torus (E/W) in the 3.15 at Ascot.

Really need these winners so I can get some boxed sets!
                                Lamentable rides given to my bets this week. Perhaps the heat got to them all.

Any tips for Glorious Goodwood, Alison?

Comment

Working...
                                X