X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    BUT, you can do a Lucky 15 each way (of course that means you double your stake) and then there is also a Lucky 31, and a Heinz 57 if you feel full of beanz!!
    Betting shops now have have windows that you can see into. This was done to encourage women to set foot in them; previously betting shops were seen as dens of inequity, populated by wall-eyed men with wild hair and flashers' macs seen dimly through a fug of black shag tobacco!
    Anna, I think you know more about this caper than you are letting on!
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      And also the type of race. First four in a handicap race of 16 or more runners.

A non handicap race such as the Derby or 2000 guineas pay out on first three only !

I had forgotten that.
      I won't bet online and there is no bookie in our village, so my skills are rusty !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

You could have gone to Salisbury this afternoon, Sainty.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

You could have gone to Salisbury this afternoon, Sainty.
          And i walked the 5 miles to town for a bit of exercise too !! Did you have a winner Alison?

TBH, I'm not that fond of Salisbury as a course,and I could do with a chum for racing. Mrs TS isn't too keen, and its something I do as a social thing. Don't mind music or footy on my own though. !!
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Tied up with family today so not much chance to get involved. I might have done ok looking at the results.

A lot of flat aficionados like Salisbury. It's kind of tatty and stylish in about equal measure.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Ascot non runner Rye House now a possible for the big York handicap on July 13.

'My man' says going very well on the Newmarket gallops.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Duly noted, Alison. Assuming it runs it will form part of that Saturday's Lucky 15!
                Last edited by Petrushka; 01-07-13, 21:38. Reason: phone trouble

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Thanks Alison.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

best price 10/1 at laddies for Rye House.

This could get to be worse than the "bargains" thread.

Good stuff Alison, lets hope your man keeps the good stuff coming !!

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Can't promise the big success enjoyed last week so, putting my reputation even further on the line, here are my selections for Saturday's racing:

Sandown 2.05: Duke of Firenze (currently 9/2)

Sandown 2.40: Danchai (6/1)

Sandown 3.15: Integral (7/2)

Sandown 3.50: Mars (9/2)

Interesting outsider: Haydock 3.30 Franciscan (7/1)

I've given you four plus the interesting outsider so combine them how you will in your Lucky 15s.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                        Can't promise the big success enjoyed last week so, putting my reputation even further on the line, here are my selections for Saturday's racing:

Sandown 2.05: Duke of Firenze (currently 9/2)

Sandown 2.40: Danchai (6/1)

Sandown 3.15: Integral (7/2)

Sandown 3.50: Mars (9/2)

Interesting outsider: Haydock 3.30 Franciscan (7/1)

I've given you four plus the interesting outsider so combine them how you will in your Lucky 15s.GOOD LUCK ALL!
                        Or include them all in a Super Yankee,5 selections consisting of 26 bets: 10 doubles; 10 trebles; 5 four-fold accumulators; 1 five-fold.

Seriously,many thanks Pet,might just stick with the four Sandown runners in a Lucky 15.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                          • Nov 2010

I am informed that Wentworth is expected to recoup Royal Ascot losses in style tomorrow .

I suspect that Al Kazeem will confirm the Ascot form in the Eclipse but that The Fugue will bustle him up .

Comment

• Barbirollians
                            • Nov 2010

I should like to go to Salisbury for a day out , having also never visited the cathedral .

I tend to find that I seldom go anywhere but Cheltenham nowadays - I did make Ascot for Frankel's farewell and I am a member of the Royal Enclosure but that dressing up pales after a while .

I used to like the faded 70s charm of Doncaster but now like so many courses its new stand is like a giant Wetherspoons . The Rowley Mile stand being the worst example .

The July course and Goodwood I still love and York is simply superb .

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Barbi, that would be a nice day out.
                              Choose your day carefully at the races, (lots of boozing) and start saving up for the Cathedral.
                              Alternatively,go to a service. You can have a terrific free look around if you go early for Sunday choral mattins, and stay for Eucharist !!!! some nice music as well, I shouldn't wonder.

Comment

• Anna

I was out very early this morning and back home before the bookies opened and hadn't seen Petrushka's selections for today. I won't go out again and place a bet - plus I don't know if I have the courage to enter the bookies - suppose someone saw me?
                                However, I've made my own selections just for fun at Sandown and Haydock so I'll be interested if Petrushka will be in the money again or if any of my (virtual bets) come in!

Comment

Working...
                                X