X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Thanks Rob, all is now clear! Seems like a recipe for disaster and an instant loss of money though if one of your nags falls over or is a no-show and you lose the lot!
    I shall be very interested later to see how Petrushka and you got on with your selections.
    If one horse fails there are still the other three.
    You only need one to win to get something back.
    I'm no big money gambler.
    It needn't cost a fortune,for example a lucky 15 at say 10p per bet = £1.50,and depending on the odds can still provide a decent return.

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      My tentative selections for Saturday's racing are as follows:

Newmarket 2.20 Sunny Harbor (currently 7/1 with Bet365)

Newcastle 3.15 Tominator (8/1)

Newmarket 3.30 Ultrasonic (13/2)

Interesting outsider: Newcastle 2.40 Baby Strange (10/1)

All subject to change following any tips from Alison.
      Hope you've collected your money, ER! Should give you enough for a boxed set or two there.

I also had Tominator as a £10 single win so with the two winners on the Lucky 15 I've just collected £229 for a total stake of £35. Not a bad day's work! Mr Betfred was giving best odds on all Newcastle races but local staff didn't look happy at paying out.

I really need a new laptop and also want the Karajan 1970s box out next month. Accumulated winnings should be able to give me both.
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Anna

I've just collected £229 for a total stake of £35. Not a bad day's work! :
        Right, as from next week I'm going to start betting!!
        Edit: Just looked up results and your outsider Baby Strange came in!! Most impressed!

Comment

• amateur51

Hope you've collected your money, ER! Should give you enough for a boxed set or two there.

I also had Tominator as a £10 single win so with the two winners on the Lucky 15 I've just collected £229 for a total stake of £35. Not a bad day's work! Mr Betfred was giving best odds on all Newcastle races but local staff didn't look happy at paying out.

I really need a new laptop and also want the Karajan 1970s box out next month. Accumulated winnings should be able to give me both.
          Well done Pet

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Many many thanks Petrushka.
            Not quite as brave as you,I went for the 50p lucky 15.
            I haven't collected yet or seen any of the races,been out with the grandkids all afternoon,but I reckon I've won just short of £70 for £7.50 staked.
            To think I almost talked myself out of including Baby Strange at the bookies this morning.
            Amazon time!!!

Hope Alison was in on this too.
            Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 29-06-13, 18:34.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              To think I almost talked myself out of including Baby Strange at the bookies this morning.
              Amazon time!!!

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Many many thanks Petrushka.
                Not quite as brave as you,I went for the 50p lucky 15.
                I haven't collected yet or seen any of the races,been out with the grandkids all afternoon,but I reckon I've won just short of £70 for £7.50 staked.
                Amazon time!!!

Hope Alison was in on this too.
                That's great news, Rob. Yes, hope Alison has managed to win as well. Those boxed sets need buying!

As a rule, I generally ignore the 'tips' from the C4 pundits as most of them have vested interests of one kind or another. You can't beat using your own judgement and instinct and it feels so much better when you have a win. I've talked myself out of backing a horse before only to see it win at good odds so you live and learn in this game and trust your instinct.

Wonder of I can jack in the day-job and do this for a living...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

So for a lucky 15 you pick four horses covering all possible combinations.
                  I still don't understand where you get the "15" from ...

Happily given my utter ignorance / inability to grasp the relevant concepts, I'm not remotely tempted by any of this, but I really enjoy reading this thread and seeing others' success!

Especially glad to see this:

local staff didn't look happy at paying out.
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    I still don't understand where you get the "15" from ...

Happily given my utter ignorance / inability to grasp the relevant concepts, I'm not remotely tempted by any of this, but I really enjoy reading this thread and seeing others' success!

Especially glad to see this:

Petrushka gave us 4 tips and there are 15 possible combinations of bets on 4 selections Cali.
                    4 individual stakes on each one,plus there are 6 possible doubles,4 possible trebles and the 1 x 4 horse accumulator.
                    So to cover every permutation you need to stake 15 bets,which in my example was 15 x 50p = £7.50.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Great tipping Pet. Well done.

Sorry I missed this thread. I don't normally do the multiple bets but could be a bit of fun on Saturdays.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

well done Pet, a brilliant piece of tipsterification , if I may say so.
                        And well done ER for backing his tips.

I did fancy a tiny flutter, but completely forgot, and can content myself with not having jinxed them all.#

happy spending.
                        and dont forget that amazon are tax dodging monopoly capitalists.
                        Last edited by teamsaint; 29-06-13, 22:32.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Anna

Small query re the Lucky 15. Do you have to put your selection in chronological order, i.e., first bet's winnings logically transfers to the second in real time or can you start off with hot tip in the 4.45 as your first horse followed by one in the 2.30, then a 3.15 and a 2.00 so you start with your favourite cert?

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            Great tipping Pet. Well done.

Sorry I missed this thread. I don't normally do the multiple bets but could be a bit of fun on Saturdays.
                            This was the first time I've done a multiple bet but was persuaded by ER to give it a go. The Lucky 15 is pretty straightforward to understand even for a mathematical ignoramus like me and I'll certainly do it again but will back it up with straight wins and each ways. Certainly a bit of Saturday afternoon fun.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

All selections have equal status in the Lucky 15. You wouldn't have to list them in time order. The bookies software will sort that.

Comment

• Anna

been out with the grandkids all afternoon,but I reckon I've won just short of £70 for £7.50 staked.
                                Wow, well done Rob - that £70 will buy the grandkids a lot of treats!
                                Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                All selections have equal status in the Lucky 15. You wouldn't have to list them in time order. The bookies software will sort that.
                                Thanks Alison. I was probably trying to make it more complicated than it already is! I might even, for the first time in my life, venture into the bookies for a look round and see what a betting slip looks like (I presume there is some sort of box you tick for Lucky 15) We have two shops here, BetFred and Ladbrokes, I presume there is no difference or preference in which one to use?

Comment

Working...
                                X