X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

How's your luck people ? (Alison,Petrushka et al).

Think I've been backing burgers to be
    I shall be at Cheltenham on Friday and am saving my bets for then, ER. Cape Tribulation for the Gold Cup?
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      I shall be at Cheltenham on Friday and am saving my bets for then, ER. Cape Tribulation for the Gold Cup?
      Enjoy Petrushka,I envy you.
      I haven't a clue re the gold cup,CT seems a good option though,14/1 hmmmm.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Bad first day in spite of getting on the Fly. I couldnt see Zarkandar not getting a place !

Recouped yesterday with the New One and Lord Windermere.

All to play for today. Managed to get on Oscar Whisky at 6-1 which seemed a crazy price.

Let's hear from our on course friends .....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

No boxed sets for me.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Very modest profit for me but aside from the last half of Thursday I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some really exciting younger horses emerged for some mouthwatering clashes in the future.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Very modest profit for me but aside from the last half of Thursday I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some really exciting younger horses emerged for some mouthwatering clashes in the future.
              No Miaskovsky symphonies yet then Alison ?.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Glad you enjoyed it Alison, and a profit is a profit.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Had a great day at Cheltenham! I had two winners and made £55 profit (Ted Veale at 8/1 and At Fishers Cross at 13/8) so just looking at the boxed sets as we speak.

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Well done Pet, Friday was compelling from beginning to end I thought.

Did the crowd seem any smaller ? Numbers were supposed to be limited this year.

I had a very lucky win on Salsify !

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Well done Pet, Friday was compelling from beginning to end I thought.

Did the crowd seem any smaller ? Numbers were supposed to be limited this year.

I had a very lucky win on Salsify !
                      The rain no doubt kept many under shelter but the crowd didn't otherwise seem that much smaller to me. Lucky win indeed on Salsify, such a shame for Jane Mangan who came to grief so near the winning post on Oscar Delta.

On home ground today for the Midlands National. On Major Malarkey and Big Occasion in the big one.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

The rain no doubt kept many under shelter but the crowd didn't otherwise seem that much smaller to me. Lucky win indeed on Salsify, such a shame for Jane Mangan who came to grief so near the winning post on Oscar Delta.

On home ground today for the Midlands National. On Major Malarkey and Big Occasion in the big one.
                        Well done yesterday Petrushka,I felt sorry for the bookies with those favourites coming in,didn't you?
                        I'm done with horses for the time being,today I'm doing my usual losing football accumulator.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

I hope you all took note: Big Occasion came in at 6/1 but I took the price at 8/1 I'll just take a look at those boxed sets again....

Comment

• Barbirollians
                            • Nov 2010

Apart from Benefficient on Thursday paying a splendid 30-1 on the Tote it was carnage for me for the first three days barring Quevega and Back in Focus .

Fortunately solvency was restored to an extent by Bob's Worth , an exacta with Sir des Champs, the fortunate Salsify and the certainty that was Alderwood - the queues at the bookies after the last were very cheering to see !

A great week but a cloud over it from the horrible fall and injury to JT McNamara - fingers crossed for him.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

I certainly didn't agree with Tom Segal in todays Racing Post that the Cheltenham Festival wasn't as enjoyable this year.

Maybe his lack of winning selections had something to do with it.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                                • Nov 2010

I certainly didn't agree with Tom Segal in todays Racing Post that the Cheltenham Festival wasn't as enjoyable this year.

Maybe his lack of winning selections had something to do with it.

I suspect so . There was an element of this being an inbetween Festival with no Big Buck's and Kauto Star retired but I thought most of the racing was cracking .

Some of the novice chases were a bit disappointing . Dynaste and Captain Conan were both in the wrong race and should not have been avoiding the ground and a stable companion for a start . The three novice hurdles had smallish fields but were full of quality and all the four championship events were thrillers .

Comment

Working...
                                X