X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
    Are there any musically-named runners in this year's festival? I usually bet on the basis of name associations rather than form, being a very occasional punter on the horses.
    Radetzky March is due to run in the foxhunters on Friday.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Not a certainty Alison,but Dodging Bullets in the Supreme Novices Hurdle might be worth a dabble at around 9/1 or 10's if you can find it (just a little whisper I've heard).
      Now as low as 6/1 with some bookmakers.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Stable jockey has chosen to ride Champagne Fever instead .DB too short now - 10-1 ew was not bad.

All depends on whether My Tent or Yours can repeat the form he showed in the Betfair Hurdle . If he can he surely will be too good even for Jezki .

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Oh my goodness this is bringing the memories flooding back in 1968 our local heroine Bright Beach who I had followed from point to points won the Foxhunters and I a poor student was there! As to the talk of entrance fees etc. on that day or another we got there very early went in the cheap end and walked right around the course to mingle with the toffs etc. checking the going and slipped into the "posh end"....the audacity of yoof!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Stable jockey has chosen to ride Champagne Fever instead .DB too short now - 10-1 ew was not bad.

All depends on whether My Tent or Yours can repeat the form he showed in the Betfair Hurdle . If he can he surely will be too good even for Jezki .
            DB drifting out again,all the money seems to be for My Tent or Yours

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

DB drifting out again,all the money seems to be for My Tent or Yours
              Which, if the way things usually pan out at Cheltenham gets repeated, will get beaten. I steer well clear of those at the head of the betting as a rule. Worked for me this afternoon at Sandown though I know just how hard it is to get winners at Cheltenham.

Incidentally, I wonder how many boxed sets are at stake on this year's Festival.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                Which, if the way things usually pan out at Cheltenham gets repeated, will get beaten. I steer well clear of those at the head of the betting as a rule. Worked for me this afternoon at Sandown though I know just how hard it is to get winners at Cheltenham.

Incidentally, I wonder how many boxed sets are at stake on this year's Festival.

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

If I'm up on the week I shall purchase whichever version of Lohengrin Petrushka opted for.

Next priority would be the Boult box and then the Miaskovsky symphonies.

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    If I'm up on the week I shall purchase whichever version of Lohengrin Petrushka opted for.

Next priority would be the Boult box and then the Miaskovsky symphonies.
                    Opted for the Kempe in the end, Alison, though haven't heard it yet. Both this and the Boult box are as cheap as chips at the moment so you won't need to win much. I've set my sights on the Wagner's Vision set http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wagners-Visi...I17C9VS7E72Q3O or the Great Cathedral Organs set on EMI which I've had my eye on for some time http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Cathed...I3BBAXBRLKGIPI.

I won £75 this afternoon which will pay nicely for Cheltenham betting.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                      Are there any musically-named runners in this year's festival? I usually bet on the basis of name associations rather than form, being a very occasional punter on the horses.
                      The well fancied Buddy Bolero (Wednesday)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        The well fancied Buddy Bolero (Wednesday)
                        There's a double that would buy a few cds if it came in.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                          • Nov 2010

I know that it's a fairly quick march, but shouldn't a racehorse have a faster name? Something like the Infernal Galop, although as the can-can is danced to it in Orpheus in the Underworld there might be too many high kicks - not something you'd want from a horse.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                            I know that it's a fairly quick march, but shouldn't a racehorse have a faster name? Something like the Infernal Galop, although as the can-can is danced to it in Orpheus in the Underworld there might be too many high kicks - not something you'd want from a horse.
                            I wonder if Flossie is up-to-date with The Archers at the mo'?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Not a certainty Alison,but Dodging Bullets in the Supreme Novices Hurdle might be worth a dabble at around 9/1 or 10's if you can find it (just a little whisper I've heard).

How's your luck people ? (Alison,Petrushka et al).

Think I've been backing burgers to be

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Last time I remember weather like this for Cheltenham was around 1985(?) when I missed out on a sensational double by two short heads.

I had Wing and a Prayer at 20/1 in the triumph hurdle, and Nortons Coin at 100/1 in the Gold Cup. Norton's coin won, Wing and a prayer third by 2 short heads !
                                Still I had a single on Norton's which paid nicely.
                                Anyway, hope you are all giving the bookies a pasting !!
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X