Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Camelot never seemed to be travelling. Not sure if having Murtagh in the saddle would have made much difference to be honest.

Had a nice bit of pocket money courtesy of Libranno in the next race. Never ceases to amaze me how some horses get under the radar, seemingly unnoticed by the racing fraternity yet do the business time after time often at a good price. I like to watch out for these types and ignore the hype surrounding bigger names who frequently fail to live up to expectations.

The RP website has Ataraxis entered at Newmarket in two weeks time.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pilamenon View Post
      Never ceases to surprise me how, in a St Leger trial that is worth winning in its own right, and in so many races at York generally, staying horses are held up off a very slow pace and not surprisingly pull/hang and are caught flat-footed. Who gives this kind of riding instruction, unless a deliberate attempt to conceal their horse's potential? As a guide to what might happen at Doncaster, virtually useless.

(similar applies to the middle- and long-distance running events at the Olympics!)
      True but the other year they went like scalded cats and Rewilding won on the bit only to flop over 14f at Donny.

I was there today and it was all rather flat when Camelot failed to pick up . I don't think young Joseph can be blamed . The pace was surprisingly slow and Camelot's turn of foot was absent . Encke actually quickened away from him when Camelot was in the clear only for Camelot to close him down close home .

The horse to follow from today is Toronado I think .

Frankel meanwhile gets more fabulous by the day - look how close St Nicholas abbey got to Snow Fairy and Nathaniel in the Irish Champion Stakes yet was swept aside as if he were a plater by Frankel .

My tickets for 20/10 are booked !

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Very sporting of them to run him but will it all be too heavy?

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Who's buying the cakes?
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Don't worry ff he was fine.........

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Anyone have a flutter?
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Not worth having a flutter at 2-11 is it? But, unusually for me, I did watch the race. Edit: Is he now to be put out to stud?

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                  Not worth having a flutter at 2-11 is it? But, unusually for me, I did watch the race. Edit: Is he now to be put out to stud?
                  He will indeed and if you have a high class mare in the back garden his services are available at £100k a time!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Just seen today's race,very impressive from a bad start and unsuitable going ?.
                    Have to stay loyal to the great Shergar though,still the best for me.

Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 20-10-12, 18:46.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Just seen today's race,very impressive from a bad start and unsuitable going ?.
                      Have to stay loyal to the great Shergar though,still the best for me.
                      Oh no the greatest horse ever, steeplechaser or not, was Norton's Coin. Nothing to do with the fact that i had him at 100/1 when he won the gold cup.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

What a day to be there . I am still buzzing from the atmosphere . It was more like Cheltenham than Ascot !

Frankel was brilliant , everything went wrong in the race. He was up against the 2nd and 3rd highest rated horses in the world and both of them love the mud and he missed the break and his pacemaker got in a bit of a mess yet he went to the front on the bridle and idled only needing one slap to go and win .

Had the ground been good to soft or better I am sure we would have seen a repeat of York at least and in the preceding QEII stakes Excelebration who Frankel has beaten five times produced a brilliant performance to smash the opposition .

And Rite of Passage one of my favourite horses comes back from 510 days off with injury to win the stayers race

A marvellous day just wish Frankel was staying in training !

Comment

• JimD
                          • Nov 2010

Indeed. And to add to all that there was the sight and sound of Sir Henry Cecil, and the crowd's response to him. It was enough to bring tears to the eyes.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

It must have been tremendous to have been there - he is the greatest flat horse I have ever seen, even though as has been discussed before, he never went further than ten furlongs.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              It must have been tremendous to have been there - he is the greatest flat horse I have ever seen, even though as has been discussed before, he never went further than ten furlongs.
                              A flat horse?

Like some sort of giant frisbee?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                                Indeed. And to add to all that there was the sight and sound of Sir Henry Cecil, and the crowd's response to him. It was enough to bring tears to the eyes.
                                If there is a god may he bless Sir Henry Cecil.

Comment

Working...
                                X