X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
    Anyone here on this ? Alison,Pet,Anton ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/53036189
    Sadly not E2 ..... but having a little flutter every day to ensure the bookies don’t need bicycles .....

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Sadly not E2 ..... but having a little flutter every day to ensure the bookies don’t need bicycles .....
      Still fluttering away occasionally and our very small local yard recently acquired a horse called Galuppi - well known Venetian composer - from Ireland and when he turned up at my favourite track Hexham, I had a very little flutter and he obliged ..... runs in the precisely timed 15:58 at Carlisle today but it’s a very flat track and he seemed to love the ups and downs of the Yarridge Heights ........

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        Still fluttering away occasionally and our very small local yard recently acquired a horse called Galuppi - well known Venetian composer - from Ireland and when he turned up at my favourite track Hexham, I had a very little flutter and he obliged ..... runs in the precisely timed 15:58 at Carlisle today but it’s a very flat track and he seemed to love the ups and downs of the Yarridge Heights ........
        I've had no bets since Boxing Day, bookies closed and I won't touch online, and wonder if I'll bother going back. Good luck with Galuppi, but this one looks set up for Storm Nelson.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Thanks anton, only just spotted this, which is probably a good thing as it turned out
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Sad to see the retirement today of Richard Johnson from the saddle. He's been the jockey who's got me more money than any other, including an unforgettable four-timer at Chepstow in 2016.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
              Thanks anton, only just spotted this, which is probably a good thing as it turned out
              Indeed Edge I will file him under unreliable .......

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Radio 3 is in ‘Special Measures’ but the Grand National goes on - but then the Royals like the Gee gees!

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Radio 3 is in ‘Special Measures’ but the Grand National goes on - but then the Royals like the Gee gees!
                  The Grand National is being broadcast on ITV so there is no connection with the BBC. Although he attended Royal Ascot, Prince Philip was much keener on equestrianism.

My tip for the GN is for Kimberlite Candy to win, Takingrisks and Mister Malarky each way.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    The Grand National is being broadcast on ITV so there is no connection with the BBC. Although he attended Royal Ascot, Prince Philip was much keener on equestrianism.

My tip for the GN is for Kimberlite Candy to win, Takingrisks and Mister Malarky each way.
                    I've backed Takingrisks to win
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

They’ll not be covering it on R5 then, along with all the other sport?

Comment

• vinteuil
                        • Nov 2010

... my step-son, who thinks he knows his horses, is encouraging us to put our moolah on -

Cloth Cap, A capella Bourgeois, Bristol de mai, Takingrisks

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          They’ll not be covering it on R5 then, along with all the other sport?
                          Never listened to Radio 5 in my life!

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Never listened to Radio 5 in my life!
                            That was not my point, but never mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X