Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

I can see old Tidal Bay either checking out and being pulled up early tomorrow or going very close indeed.

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
      I can see old Tidal Bay either checking out and being pulled up early tomorrow or going very close indeed.
      my feeling entirely.

Balthazar king and Burton Port my other not terribly strong fancies.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        my feeling entirely.

Balthazar king and Burton Port my other not terribly strong fancies.
        I fear rain this afternoon will scupper BK and I got the feeling he did not like the place last year - he is a great favourite of mine though . The Package looks thrown in on his run behind Holywell and Ma Filleule after their successes yesterday but The Package often seems thrown in and disappoints.

I hope that Tidal Bay wins !

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Rocky Creek to win for me with each way bets on Alvarado, Hawkes Point and Triolo d'Alene.

Good luck to all horses and jockeys and hope all come back safely.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Barbirollians
            • Nov 2010

So far sounds like all well . The changes they made to the course last year appear to have made a considerable difference .

Pineau de Re ran a blinder in the Pertemps at Cheltenham . I was just a bit worried that he was quite small for these fences and fell in the Becher Chase but he was a gallant and worthy winner. What can one say about the complete hero that is Balthazar King great run and superb ride from McCoy on the third .

Poor Across the Bay being carried out and yet still coming back to be 14th and Tidal Bay was sailing along easily albeit at an early stage when brought down at the Canal Turn.

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

Thought I was going to be really in the money with Rocky Creek going so well but he didn't stay. Made a few quid profit on Avarado (4th at 33/1) so not too bad.

My brother, who knows absolutely nothing whatever about racing and didn't even watch the race, got the winner and made a nice profit.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

I'm going for

CHILWORTH ICON 2.20 Kempton

while my contact at the Cecil's is advising an each way bet on

MAGIC OF REALITY 2.55 Kempton

I shall be on course to cheer on the selections.

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

I'm going for

Missed these selections but no damage done! Magic of Reality came third but at a poor price. My Haydock picks did no better.

It's that tricky time of year when Jumps horses are tired after a long season and Flat horses are an unknown quantity.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

I'm going for

I missed these too,fortunately,but thanks anyway Alison for taking the time and trouble.
                    Hope you had a good day.
                    Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 19-04-14, 20:33.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Fascinating 2000 Guineas on Saturday. Any views ?

One piece of information for Newmarket on Sunday

CAMBRIDGE (5.00) is sparkling in her work on the gallops and this once raced filly could head for the Irish Oaks if successful on Sunday.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

Fascinating 2000 Guineas on Saturday. Any views ?

One piece of information for Newmarket on Sunday

CAMBRIDGE (5.00) is sparkling in her work on the gallops and this once raced filly could head for the Irish Oaks if successful on Sunday.
                        I was very impressed by Kingman at Newbury having been a doubter but there will need to be rain . Also quickening imperiously over 7f on that ground will be very different from the Guineas . Australia is the talking horse but he is very inexperienced for such a race . At the prices I like Toormore - unbeaten , always finds more and handled the track fine in the Craven .

I suspect Shifting Power might run better than his price suggests.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                          I was very impressed by Kingman at Newbury having been a doubter but there will need to be rain . Also quickening imperiously over 7f on that ground will be very different from the Guineas . Australia is the talking horse but he is very inexperienced for such a race . At the prices I like Toormore - unbeaten , always finds more and handled the track fine in the Craven .

I suspect Shifting Power might run better than his price suggests.
                          Thanks for he info, Alison and Barbirollians. Anyone having a go on the Scoop 6? I tried last week and only got the winner of the first (Dispour 14/1) and naturally I hadn't backed it as a single win

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

I tend not to do the multiple bets like Scoop 6 but perhaps should give it a go this weekend.

I agree with Barbs that Toormore must be worth a punt at 7-1 even if Kingman is the most likely winner. He was well on top at the end of the Craven.

Can hardly wait for the weekend action to begin. Another Cheltenham season over last night! October will soon come round ...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks for this folks.
                              I'm going for Australia as part of a yankee thingy.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

I've gone on Toormore for the 2000 Guineas. Kingman looks very good but overhyped and I'm always suspicious of horses that get overhyped.

I don't usually do the Scoop6 (this is only my third time) but having a go today.

Comment

Working...
                                X