X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Oct 2024

Name this CD....

I went downmarket at the weekend and dipped into the ClassicFM Hall of Fame Happened on Jonas Kaufmann singing Tosca and thought I'd investigate to see which version it was. So navigated over to their website, clicked on Hall of Fame kind of expecting a list...to be met with a page of ten pretty pictures with only a few pieces labelled. Aah..a new game, I thought...'Name this CD'..wonder what the prize is. Mmm..hover over each picture ad the name of the music is displayed. And since I have no idea where Tosca came, that's 30 pages to wade through.

Mmm..think I'll give that a miss. BBC Radio 3 website...excellent in comparison.

Any recommendations welcome, of course, for Kaufmann.
  • Il Grande Inquisitor
    • Mar 2007

The greatest irony here is that Jonas Kaufmann hasn't recorded Tosca (on disc), so anyone wanting to explore the opera further and purchasing the disc linked on the CfM page will most probably end up with a disc of Romantic arias, on which there is just one aria from that opera.
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Working...
    X