• Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

No Radio 3 for a Week?

What’s going on?

16 Apr 09:00-Sun, 22 Apr 2012 off air
    The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Where has mercia’s post gone (from the TTN Plus thread on the Playlist programme board)?
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
    Where has mercia’s post gone (from the TTN Plus thread on the Playlist programme board)?
    he deleted it because he didn't want to cause panic in the home counties. He is confident that all those blank spaces in the schedule will soon be filled
    Last edited by mercia; 08-04-12, 13:49.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
      What’s going on?

off air
      The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

I think you will find that the schedule for 16 Apr 09:00-Sun, 22 Apr 2012 is simply yet to be posted. They don't usually post much more that a week ahead.

mercia's post is here

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        I think you will find that the schedule for 16 Apr 09:00-Sun, 22 Apr 2012 is simply yet to be posted. They don't usually post much more that a week ahead.

mercia's post is here
        I hope that is the case. Come to that, I don’t think I’ve ever checked the schedule that far ahead. But surely there is more suitable description than ‘off air’? Ah well, BBC English is not what it once was…

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

No Radio 3 for a week? But the Schubert week (+) has finished.

Comment

• kernelbogey
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Strange indeed, and the Friday 13th () ends with World on 3 at 23:00.
            I first read this as '...the World ends at 2300'. Must get new glasses.

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

A combination of the Easter holiday, possibly, with staff illness - mentioned by Graeme K on the Facebook page. As Bryn says, we don't often get much more than a week in advance even though the main schedule has already been published in Radio Times.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

John Cage week ? or perhaps they are giving us time to catch up on unlistened to cds.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

what an excellent idea but not just R3, close the lot for a week, a whole week utterly devoid of media .....
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

What an idea Calum da Jazbo! I am afraid that i havnt listed to 3 much of late, save CDR!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• vinteuil
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                      what an excellent idea but not just R3, close the lot for a week, a whole week utterly devoid of media .....
                      Robert Crampton got it right: -
                      "Obviously, we all need a break. And not just a poxy bank holiday, nor even two weeks on a beach come August, but a proper, prolonged doss, like Michael Eavis giving Glastonbury a miss this year for his land to regenerate. I propose a National Pause, during which the whole country takes it easy for, oh, at least six months, maybe the full year if things go well. No work, no school, no cars, no trains, no telly, no restaurants, no shops, and definitely no newspapers. Only essential institutions would be allowed to stay open: hospitals; sewage plants; pubs I like. I wonder what would happen? Clearly for the first week or so Britain would enjoy the mother of all lie-ins, the only sound at 10am the contented sighs of millions plumping their pillows and turning over for another hour or two of kip. But after that, I predict, most people would get busy doing whatever it is they need or want to do but don’t usually have the time or energy to accomplish. Few of us are comfortable with idleness..."

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

yep six months pause is preferable ... let's not be wanting in ambition!
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

6 months,just enough time to listen to all those cds purchased but as yet unplayed.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

As lkong as we get the Proms in!!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                            X