• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Should Maude Resign?

Causing a panic based shortage of fuel and safety risks [a woman has now set herself alight transferring petrol at home] is not what a Cabinet minister is supposed to do ....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Paul Sherratt

Maude's clearly not fit for ( any ) purpose. Is he a drinker ?

Song
    Webster Booth (1902-1984) singing one of the sentimental ballads he was so famous for. Come Into the Garden, Maud recorded for HMV in 1940 with Gerald Moore ...

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Well, now you know why he has never achieved significant political office. and very unlikely to after this debacle.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
        • Nov 2010

His father wrote a book about the English middle classes, in which he discussed the servant problem, arguing that if only Harriet Cohen had been able to get staff she would not have injured her hand while washing up her own wineglasses !
        Nothing changes.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

" Queues outside garages this morning as motorists hand petrol back, saying they 'feel such a fool.' "

Armando Iannucci, earlier today.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
            His father wrote a book about the English middle classes, in which he discussed the servant problem, arguing that if only Harriet Cohen had been able to get staff she would not have injured her hand while washing up her own wineglasses !
            Nothing changes.

But my understanding was she stumbled while serving a trayful of drinks? I could be wrong there. I saw something similar in a posh West End bar I once worked in, where waiters were expected to carry trays of drinks aloft on fingertips. Blood everywhere!

Comment

• Flosshilde
              • Nov 2010

Obviously wasn't his turn for the Cabinet brain (I assume there is one?)

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                Causing a panic based shortage of fuel and safety risks [a woman has now set herself alight transferring petrol at home] is not what a Cabinet minister is supposed to do ....
                He should be fired!

Comment

• Mahlerei

And now a woman in York has suffered 49% burns decanting petrol in her kitchen (while cooking dinner).

Comment

• Stunsworth
                    • Nov 2010

Granny tax, pasty tax, self-immolation. A week the 'government' will be glad to see the back of. The trouble is there'll be more of the same next week. Has there ever been as inept a first term government as this one?

As for Maude, yes he'll go. Mainly because Cameron started all the panic when he advised people with half full tanks to fill them, and in Maude he's found someone to take all the blame.
                    Steve

Comment

• Mahlerei

Maude gone?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

...perhaps dear old Sir Mervyn was right to tell the USA Ambassador that he was most concerned at the lack of experience of the Tory leadership ...

i do think that the panic buying and consequent shortage of fuel, the social disorder and traffic chaos, are both socially and economically damaging on a substantial scale and he should resign ... [Maude] ... and if Cameron doesn't get him to go by tea time his leadership will be the weekend lead news story and there will be blood all over Downing St by Monday ... failures of Dave Coulson Brooks Hilton freedland Cruddas etc poor judgement etc ... it will run and run ... David Davis will be stirring with a long handled spooooon too ....

meanwhile unemployment is staggeringly high we have no credible plan for recovery and debt/deficit management ... just cuts and Tory Boy Smarts
                        Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 30-03-12, 12:31.
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I have felt since 2010 that he is 1% presentation and 99% psychotic warlord. I should add that I have no doubt this feeling is wrong as that sort of thing would be professionally assessed. But then professionals wouldn't probably assess that three quarters of the country's oil is in his DNA. Many of them of course have their own issues regarding so-called slickness.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

he , along with gormless , dave , and the others on millionaires row, should be sent away to work on minimum wage with a particularly spiteful boss, for at least ten years.
                            and made to listen to spire fm, or its local equivalent, while they work.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              he , along with gormless , dave , and the others on millionaires row, should be sent away to work on minimum wage with a particularly spiteful boss, for at least ten years.
                              and made to listen to spire fm, or its local equivalent, while they work.
                              And pay vat on their caviar! I bet with their extra-parliamentary earnings they'll benefit from the reduction fro 50% to 45%!

Comment

Working...
                              X