Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    On the same basis I think we need to put the Scottish Cardinal behind bars ...
    And, hey, maybe more on topic, internet anti-religious bigots as well, Mr GG ... ?

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      And, hey, maybe more on topic, internet anti-religious bigots as well, Mr GG ... ?
      I bet you look good in arrow pyjamas Scotty
      It's not bigoted to find homophobia offensive

Comment

• L'enfer

It really upsets me seeing the country going down this route. I don't think he should have said what he did whatever he did but he doesn't deserve to go to jail. There's no shortage of criminals who don't get sent to prison. The media have a strange relationship with "social media" if that student had said what he did in a bar I don't see him being dragged out by the police.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Also stuff like this may be distracting from deeper or even subtle rascisms that occur everyday....the Media get a pay off from an easy to present issue/situation/story [no explaination is necessary]....but pull back from attempting to quantify or explain everyday rascisms and institutional rascisms....
          bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
            • Nov 2010

Like jailing someone for saying "lets have a riot" you mean ?
            Absolutely.
            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Don't like the person at all. I thought though we were told that there were no prison places following the riots. They must have brought in the Magic Circle to conjur up lots and lots of extra space.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                Absolutely.
                you mean that's a GOOD idea ??

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  Also stuff like this may be distracting from deeper or even subtle rascisms that occur everyday....the Media get a pay off from an easy to present issue/situation/story [no explaination is necessary]....but pull back from attempting to quantify or explain everyday rascisms and institutional rascisms....

And other things. Some of the things the BBC put on/tolerate are unbelievable.

They can employ the finest minds, and the best broadcasters. Yesterday, I had the misfortune to tune in to 5 live while Phil Williams was interviewing a pop star. This lady mentioned that she very much admires, and has worked with, Prince.
                  Phil Williams response to this information? " And how small IS Prince"?

Now being of diminutive stature, a pocket battleship, whatever, I notice that sort of thing. I go out every day, and do what a teamsaint has to do, without even thinking about being a 5' 5" male, and not caring less......and then some half wit like williams reminds me that it's quite alright to be offensive to small people, or red haired people, or whoever. Just another bit of casual divide and rule.

Don't get me wrong. I am a pretty fortunate person. I have had more luck than many people in life.
                  But god knows how people put up with the rubbish that this money driven society throws at them if they are black/disabled/gay/whatever.

Freedom of speech is very precious...and it is abused every day, more often than not by the government, ruling class, or their agents.

Personally< I would like to see phil williams put in the way of a Lionel Messi (also 5' 5")Free kick with his hands tied to his sides.......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

In fact the majority of Barca team being cough ahem 'small'....they could move him around like a ballbearing in a pinball machine....
                    bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

you mean that's a GOOD idea ??
                      Of course it is. <D'Oh>

Or do you think that those who incite rioting should just be ignored? Try telling that to those who were injured, or robbed, or terrorised last summer.
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        Of course it is. <D'Oh>

Or do you think that those who incite rioting should just be ignored? Try telling that to those who were injured, or robbed, or terrorised last summer.
                        So
                        what if I write something and no one reads it ?
                        or
                        I write it and forget to post it ?
                        or
                        Think something unacceptable ?

and is the only reason that Mozza is not in Strangeways the fact that he forgot to put "Ritzy's Doncaster Saturday night" in these lyrics ?

"Burn down the disco
                        Hang the blessed DJ
                        Because the music that they constantly play
                        IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE
                        Hang the blessed DJ
                        Because the music they constantly play"

or is this a comment about Schubert ?

Comment

• handsomefortune

both!

Comment

Working...