Let Madness Prevail ( & by courtesy of the BBC, it will ).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

Let Madness Prevail ( & by courtesy of the BBC, it will ).

Next weeks R3 schedule as described by R Times;

" With 200 hours of broadcasting & more than a 1000 performances, over eight & a half days, BBC radio 3 presents the biggest ever celebration of Schubert, devoting its entire schedule this week to his music & his life." And they really mean ENTIRE ! Nothing else BUT, oh dear, poor old Franz. Could result in some people never ever wanting to hear another note by you ever again !

However & at last, a reason to go seeking ( & hoping to find ) that box with a glass front to it which once ( many years ago ) provided moving pictures of items of interest for grown-ups;

BBC 4, 7.30 pm Friday,30th. March;

Handel, Rinaldo, from Glyndebourne. Ottavio Dantone conducts the OAE.

Ah well, I suppose thats good enough reason for staying alive for another week !
  • Norfolk Born

You'll find plenty of support (including mine) for your view of the looming 'Schubertathon' on the 'Schubert on 3' thread.
    To my shame, I've never seen a Handel opera - but now I shall have plenty of time to watch it on my PVR. (Can't watch it on Friday evening - too many dramatic developments in Corrie!)

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
      You'll find plenty of support (including mine) for your view of the looming 'Schubertathon' on the 'Schubert on 3' thread.
      To my shame, I've never seen a Handel opera - but now I shall have plenty of time to watch it on my PVR. (Can't watch it on Friday evening - too many dramatic developments in Corrie!)

Thanks gamba and Norfolk Born, something to look forward to, an opera on BBC4. Let's hope they get back into the habit of complete operas on BBC4as it was when they started the channel

Comment

• Stunsworth
        • Nov 2010

I'm looking forward to it.
        Steve

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

They go from one extreme to another.

Comment

• gamba
            Late member
            • Dec 2010

Here we go again re. Rinaldo - have just seen a more detailed description indicating that it has been given a contemporary 'twist'.

The work is set as a schoolboy's dream during a history lesson, in which Rinaldo imagines himself in the Holy Land at the time of the First Crusade.

I may or may not bother to watch. Pity. Fed up with 'kinky' interpretations.

Comment

Working...
            X